The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel Refurb Woes

Matt H

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is the polished lip laquered ?

No, laquer doesn't stay on polished areas well. The process that the rims have gone through apparently seels the polished section to provide improved longevity, but it's all about the elbow grease really - and most importantly, avoiding salt like the plague.

Just a thought Matt. This stuff is very good at sealing and protecting wheels. It very expensive for what you get but I think it's considered by many to be the best wheel protector. If applied properly it's supposed to last 2 years, you may find the elbow grease isn't needed as much:)

Just thought it was worth mentioning in case your interested.

Wheels look great by the way:OK:

Just a thought Matt. This stuff is very good at sealing and protecting wheels. It very expensive for what you get but I think it's considered by many to be the best wheel protector. If applied properly it's supposed to last 2 years, you may find the elbow grease isn't needed as much:)

Just thought it was worth mentioning in case your interested.

Wheels look great by the way:OK:

Cheers for the link, that sounds good stuff. Price is nothing really well you consider the protection it could give. Certainly better than a refurb! I'll do some research, but if it's as good as it sounds, I'll defo be getting some.

Cheers pal.

Cheers for the link, that sounds good stuff. Price is nothing really well you consider the protection it could give. Certainly better than a refurb! I'll do some research, but if it's as good as it sounds, I'll defo be getting some.

Cheers pal.

Stonkin on here put me onto it and after reading up on it, on detailing world I thought it was worth a try. I've put it on mine and the water beading is very impressive but I only done it a week or so ago so can't comment on anything else.

It did put a lovely sheen on my wheels though:)

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE:

I was washing the car on Saturday, only to notice that there were 3 standard wheel nuts on the nearside rear wheel, where two star drive nuts and a locking wheel nut should be!

Absolutely fuming. They've lost 3 wheel nuts including one of the locking nuts and simply put standard ones on!!... Phoned up this morning and they said they would have a look around for them. I'm not holding my breath.

Any joy? That's really bad news sorry to hear that!!

Suprise, suprise, they didn't phone me back yesterday. It's only just turned 9.00, so I'll wait a bit for them to get in and settled then I'll phone up. The star nuts aren't expensive as far as I can see and can be bought individually, but the locking nuts aren't cheap.

I know you've had your issues in the past, probably more so than any other member, which is why you need a preverbial "kick up the arse". Dont be so defeatest, they're in the wrong, not you. Ring them up and tell them how it is, you paid good money, they provided a poor service. At the very least, they should be supplying you with the missing bolts, if not a full set, and a set of locking nuts if they cant get a matching one.