Ordering my new wheels tomorrow!!

marcAB10

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you watch the video of my car that pistonbroke did there is some good footage of the stretch in that.

just had a gander, and yep, looks spot on for what i'd imagine the rears to look like, can i ask what sidewall profile was on the 275's? then i'm good to go when i order my wheels. :)

they was 19's, I will have to check my receipts, or maybe pm davej705, he has them now.

Have you gone 18" or 19"? i have 275's on my fikse 18x11 front wheels an all.

went for exactly the same as Jamsey with his SSR's, so -

18x9.5 et25 fronts

18x11 et24 rears

and yeah, will fire him a PM, cheers.

Wheels will be amazing when on! Only thing you'll need after these are UK spec (or other) brakes to sit nicely behind them :cool:

I have some catching up to do!

yep, brakes are on the list, at my power lever with uprated pads and disks the jspecs are holding up well so i keep forgetting about the UKers.

and you think with that offset/tyre combo with rolled/shaved arches it shouldn't scuff too much then?

Im not sure, going by what Jamesy has fitted i think you will be ok, as you know my arches are heavily modded, my front wheels are 18x11 et24, if you was closer id let you try them on the rear of yours.

Im not sure, going by what Jamesy has fitted i think you will be ok, as you know my arches are heavily modded, my front wheels are 18x11 et24, if you was closer id let you try them on the rear of yours.

damn it! that 'living in scotland' annoyance stikes again! lol but yeah, as you say, jamsey is fine with his so all should be good. I have new 265/35/18 on my current wheels so if it does seem to rub with the 275 i can always try throwing them on and see. thanks for the info mate.

sweet, You're not going "Eurostyle" with the tyres are you? (Nope, Im not reading the whole thread) i'd love your old ones on mine

well.. it depends what you mean about the tyres.. it will have stretch yes but i wouldn't say it will look euro style at all. :)

And my old ones will most likely be going up for sale once the new ones arrive (i allready have a set of 17's for winter).. but i think Alex had first dibs, he might not be interested by then though, will wait and see :)

Offset had to change slightly..

What Wok said they could do-

18x9.5 ....closest is +24

18x11..... closest is +22

^That would make the front 1mm more outward and the rear 2mm outward.

I've just agreed to that, I'm hoping it won't make too much difference..

In for the pics....

I have always admired your car Marc, but I've secretly always thought you could do with better wheels. Now, with these new ones, it's going to be one of the best :cool:

:) cheers bud, and I agree, I do like my current ones as I said and for the price they have really held up superb but the new ones should be a lot better.

Personally, I'd go for a higher offset, with full size tires, after much research, I've finally decided on wheels and tires, I'm going for the 19x11.5 on a +42 offset with a 305/35/19 on the rear.

IMO, there is nothing better than some proper fatass rears on the back of the Supra, with a stretch, it will make your rears look smaller, plus it tightens up the sidewall, which means less flex, which means that the tires don't work at there optimum level.

Personally, I'd go for a higher offset, with full size tires, after much research, I've finally decided on wheels and tires, I'm going for the 19x11.5 on a +42 offset with a 305/35/19 on the rear.

IMO, there is nothing better than some proper fatass rears on the back of the Supra, with a stretch, it will make your rears look smaller, plus it tightens up the sidewall, which means less flex, which means that the tires don't work at there optimum level.

How are you gonna fit that under the arches?

I wouldn't want your bill for rear tyres :D

How are you gonna fit that under the arches?

Piece of piss, just roll the arches and your fine, these are the same width and offset wheels but these are on a 335 tyre and it fits fine:

I wouldn't want your bill for rear tyres :D

Tell me about it, I'm waiting until the month after Texas to order them, looking at about £250-£300 a tire for midrange Falken ones.

Piece of piss, just roll the arches and your fine, these are the same width and offset wheels but these are on a 335 tyre and it fits fine:

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/Andrew505/HOTSOUP/335rear.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/Andrew505/HOTSOUP/DSCN0088.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d97/Andrew505/HOTSOUP/2402336202_d5d124ffc4_o.jpg

Tell me about it, I'm waiting until the month after Texas to order them, looking at about £250-£300 a tire for midrange Falken ones.

Now that i like!