The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Ordering my new wheels tomorrow!!

marcAB10

id get the arch shaved TBH. rolling i dont like, if it aint done properly then build of crap, dirt, water, can build up then rust wont be far off. make sure its done right and treated.

265/275 will be good to go bud. 275 for a little better traction :D

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

b;3048748']One work: Gorgeous!! :cool:

Car is going to look awesome,

Very nice dude!! :thumbs:

Those SSRs are rather sexual!

Good choice!

Thanks guys, Jamsey does have the SSR SP1 mine are wokmiester S1, very similar wheel though, only visable difference is the studs stop in-between the spokes on the SSR but go all the way round on the Works. :)

Apologies for the quality, it's the best I have...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=127624&stc=1&d=1298894956

That's 10j with falken 265s on. Helluva stretched already. Making the wheels an inch bigger would look crazy :D

It'll be a 275 I'll be running, so it may look just the same stretch as yours.

What was the damage on these mate if you dont mind me asking...pm if you dont want to post it up!?

I am wanting to get a set of Work VS-XX pos from MVP and just want to get an idea!?

$3469 delivered, so about £2150 ish. there will be import tax on top of that too and then buying tyres.

Edited by marcAB10 (see edit history)

i think i was around £2k tpft on honda delsol VTi when i was about 19... insane money really, i would never pay that now for a honda but at the time if it's your pride and joy you just accept it. I don't regret it, so i guess it was ok.

and i agree that phoning direct is how you get the best quotes, online always seems way more expensive.

Wrong thread I think bud!?

Nice choice of wheels, with regards to what size tyres look stretched it depends on the tyre, ive found falkens come up very skinny where pilot sports are very wide for the stated width.

Yup, totally agree. Falkens are way under their specified size IMO.

I emailed Falken themselves regarding this and got said email back

Thany your for your email, the size 275/40R18 fits on a 9.0-11.0J rim so

that would be one fitment that would be ok. The dimensions on this are

Overall diameter 676mm and rolling circumference 2060mm with a section

width of 275mm.

We also list

275/35R18 9.0-11.0J OD 653MM RC 1990MM SW 277MM

285/35R18 9.5-11.0J OD 657MM RC 2005MM SW 285MM

I hope this is of use.

Regards

Mike

[/Quote]

Nice choice of wheels, with regards to what size tyres look stretched it depends on the tyre, ive found falkens come up very skinny where pilot sports are very wide for the stated width.

Yup, totally agree. Falkens are way under their specified size IMO.

So i guess if people are saying i'd need to run 275/265 to avoid rubbing then if i get 275 falken 452's (if they are a little skinnier than usual) then that would be the best option?

So i guess if people are saying i'd need to run 275/265 to avoid rubbing then if i get 275 falken 452's (if they are a little skinnier than usual) then that would be the best option?

The ones on mine are Falkens bud. If you are looking for exactly the same stretch as mine you will need to run the 285 falken equivilant (25.4mm to an inch, yours are 1" wider meaning you need approx 25mm more, 20 is the easiest compromise), for more or less you just adjust accordingly.

I think 265s should sit flush on 10" (254mm is 10"), not sure what falken are playing at really. If going with a different brand you may be able to go as low as 265s :)