The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm in the 500 club !!!

wallis

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

That little GT30 will never make 500rwhp in an auto, doubt it would in a man either, thats as far as you want to go Matt with the stock box.

The kit also uses the stock exhaust manifold, much more boost than that and I could see things could start getting very hot.

Really? I thought the stock exhaust manifold was for twins only?

It's a kit that HKS use to do many years ago, it uses the stock exhaust manifold with an adapter to mount a single GT30R, there are pics in the project thread HERE. Neat kit but the stock manifolds I guess will be the limiting factor.

It's a kit that HKS use to do many years ago, it uses the stock exhaust manifold with an adapter to mount a single GT30R, there are pics in the project thread HERE. Neat kit but the stock manifolds I guess will be the limiting factor.

Didn't realise that. Great way to go single on a budget then. If I had known that a year or 2 ago I might have taken the plunge earlier :D

Didn't realise that. Great way to go single on a budget then. If I had known that a year or 2 ago I might have taken the plunge earlier :D

Yeah for a small single it's a good option, the kits are VERY rare though it must be around 10 years since HKS last sold them.

To be honest guys Its cost me a small fortune, over 10k now.

Apart from the cheap aem fic, the cost is no different to any other single build as I've over engineered the build so its a good relieable project for everyday use ;-)

I also changed the turbo exhaust housing to a 1.06, which seems to make it hold it's boost really well for a small turbo.

The way I look at it I have a quick street car with a stock box, the next stage would be built box and new turbo and manifold but I won't be in any rush to do it, I just want to enjoy the car again ;-)

Yeah for a small single it's a good option, the kits are VERY rare though it must be around 10 years since HKS last sold them.

How much you think a kit with some drop in injectors would be worth? Only reason I ask is I've just taken a similar kit off mine to fit the 6262 and have no idea how to price it. Mine has the smaller exhaust housing though so is quicker spool but makes slightly less top end power. I'm sure pairing the kit I have with some drop in injectors and an aem fic won't cost 10k but as Matt says, his is over engineered and could handle a larger turbo in future.

Just saw this, well done mate, what a great Torque figure !!! Can't wait to see it in the flesh and see how its changed. Give me a shout if you decide to have a mini meet Sat, i'll take a drive up :D

Definitely be about sat afternoon, I need to just redress the engine bay refit strut brace etc to finish the car off fella.

perfect power/torque for a stock autobox too mate - that will be a dream to drive, and managable power too!!!

nice work

Cheers jamesy ;-)

Cant wait now!

Hey jamesy was that oil temp sensor ok by the way?

The same one I fitted for some reason reads 140c after the engine warms up.... Lol

Must be a dud?

To be honest guys Its cost me a small fortune, over 10k now.

Apart from the cheap aem fic, the cost is no different to any other single build as I've over engineered the build so its a good relieable project for everyday use ;-)

I also changed the turbo exhaust housing to a 1.06, which seems to make it hold it's boost really well for a small turbo.

The way I look at it I have a quick street car with a stock box, the next stage would be built box and new turbo and manifold but I won't be in any rush to do it, I just want to enjoy the car again ;-)

Really? Over 10k? Got a list of what you bought? Only reason I ask is that I have bought a lot of top end parts (granted they were 2nd hand but even brand new they wouldn't add up to that) and I thought you did it all yourself? Seems very expensive that a single turbo build without manifold would be over 10k.

First of all, great results, that will make a very quick road car, would like to see some vids when it's back with u mate.

Really? Over 10k? Got a list of what you bought? Only reason I ask is that I have bought a lot of top end parts (granted they were 2nd hand but even brand new they wouldn't add up to that) and I thought you did it all yourself? Seems very expensive that a single turbo build without manifold would be over 10k.

You wait, lol. I set a budget of £6k done, I'm already at 8, and I bought a used kit(replaced t88 with new 6765) and fcon lol. I still think I have got another couple to come.

In all fairness alot of parts included in the 10k are not related to the single build, like wheels, tyres bonnets etc.

Turbo kit £1800

Exhaust & downpipe £700

Fmic and fitting kit £500

Oil coolers and aux's £400

Engine parts & belts £200

Plugs £50

Fuel system £1200

Hks 264 in/ex cams fitted £700

Coil packs & clips £100

Ram air kit £50

Aem gauges & sensors £600

Aux gauges £200

Aem fic £300

Resistor pack £100

Alloy Sports rad exspansion tank £220

New samco houses £100

Breather system £120

Oils, fluids £200

Engine bling.....lol £150

Carbon fibre parts £1000

Wheels & tyres £1000

Brakes £1000

Garage & labour & mapping £2000

I'm not sure what that totals and theres loads more I have prob missed, but it's a rough guide to the costs.

In all fairness alot of parts included in the 10k are not related to the single build, like wheels, tyres bonnets etc.

Turbo kit £1800

Exhaust & downpipe £700

Fmic and fitting kit £500

Oil coolers and aux's £400

Engine parts & belts £200

Plugs £50

Fuel system £1200

Hks 264 in/ex cams fitted £700

Coil packs & clips £100

Ram air kit £50

Aem gauges & sensors £600

Aux gauges £200

Aem fic £300

Resistor pack £100

Alloy Sports rad exspansion tank £220

New samco houses £100

Breather system £120

Oils, fluids £200

Engine bling.....lol £150

Carbon fibre parts £1000

Wheels & tyres £1000

Brakes £1000

Garage & labour & mapping £2000

I'm not sure what that totals and theres loads more I have prob missed, but it's a rough guide to the costs.

I was expecting the turbo kit to be far cheaper, I take it it was brand new? Spent a fair bit on fuelling too I see, plans for the future I guess? I'm aiming for around the 700hp mark and I won't be anywhere near your costs (and I'm on track for it at the moment).

Surprised at your labour costs, I thought you did the best part yourself.

It soon adds up. Mine must be close to 20k all in wheels, brakes single build etc it can run away with you.

I understand that but the reference in cost was to me mentioning I could have went down that road for a modest single as it would have been relatively cheap. It would have been relatively cheap but clearly the op's choice must not be the end goal.