The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I'm in the 500 club !!!

wallis

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I purchased alot of used parts on my build but Some of the costs were a nightmare cock up, the fueling system for example could of been £700, however i ended up getting two sets of injectors as they were 850cc not 650cc as stated when i bought them, I am selling them on so will recoop some wonga there but there were alot of little hidden costs with small problems etc, which all added to the build cost.

AFR were legends sorting out the exhaust system and other bits and bobs, I cant recommend them enough.

Everyones project is personal to them, i did nearly all the work on my drive so saved myself loads on that front, its easy to see how people spend 20k+ on a proper big single build.

Im just looking forward to enjoying the car with the power levels it has, should be a great drive!

mind if i come and meet you guys for a bit of a chat not met anyone from the club yet so best start with people from my home town lol

Sorry mate i missed that, you from lincoln??

Your more than welcome to join us, were all a bunch of slack ass mo fo's any how, we need to re-coop the supra spirit in lincoln again....lol

Sorry mate i missed that, you from lincoln??

Your more than welcome to join us, were all a bunch of slack ass mo fo's any how, we need to re-coop the supra spirit in lincoln again....lol

It ok mate, well from bardney really but ye would be cool to meet you guys my numbers 07969260397 if ya want to drop me a txt anytime for a meet up.

ouch

Its such a shame the guy with the nissan knows nothing about cars and has been just badly advised and blatently ripped off, no one stopped him and said 'if you do that the car will look stupid' so it looks like a comic book car with all the right bits Stroker motor and single yet no power.

Its such a shame the guy with the nissan knows nothing about cars and has been just badly advised and blatently ripped off, no one stopped him and said 'if you do that the car will look stupid' so it looks like a comic book car with all the right bits Stroker motor and single yet no power.

All that and no pics? :p

Really? Over 10k? Got a list of what you bought? Only reason I ask is that I have bought a lot of top end parts (granted they were 2nd hand but even brand new they wouldn't add up to that) and I thought you did it all yourself? Seems very expensive that a single turbo build without manifold would be over 10k.

Really? i cant see how a "decent" single build can be done for 10k anymore .....

Cheers jamesy ;-)

Cant wait now!

Hey jamesy was that oil temp sensor ok by the way?

The same one I fitted for some reason reads 140c after the engine warms up.... Lol

Must be a dud?

Perfect mate, thanks :)

Have u got decent coolers on the autobox as they get bloody hot really fast!!

Really? i cant see how a "decent" single build can be done for 10k anymore .....

By getting your hands dirty ;)

Take away your built box, your shiney alloys and all the bits that are nothing to do with having the turbo attached and running in your car and what figure are you at?

By getting your hands dirty ;)

Take away your built box, your shiney alloys and all the bits that are nothing to do with having the turbo attached and running in your car and what figure are you at?

I stopped counting when i got to £silly and to be fair even without the wheels and box i'd still be MASSIVELY ovr £10k mate, massively.....

:D i was shocked at just how quickly a big build spirials out of all control to be fair!!

I'm off to check your build thread shopping list, I can't for the life of me find 10k in my build. In fact, I could spend a hell of a lot less if I chose a different ECU.

I'm off to check your build thread shopping list, I can't for the life of me find 10k in my build. In fact, I could spend a hell of a lot less if I chose a different ECU.

Go for it mate - but remember thats just the main parts listed ... nothing in there about all the little bits that add to to sh!t loads such as;

heatwrapping, dash fittings, custom piping, re wiring, making looms, de cluttering, re locating, idler wheels, header tank, heatshields, polishing, cam shims, valve stem seals, V-bands, gaskets, oil feeds, oil return etc etc etc ;)

Go for it mate - but remember thats just the main parts listed ... nothing in there about all the little bits that add to to sh!t loads such as;

heatwrapping, dash fittings, custom piping, re wiring, making looms, de cluttering, re locating, idler wheels, header tank, heatshields, polishing, cam shims, valve stem seals, V-bands, gaskets, oil feeds, oil return etc etc etc ;)

Like Scott says, a lot of that is nothing to do with actually getting it running. You are just doing jobs 'while you have it stripped' etc.

Only heat wrapping, piping, wiring (injector looms) heatshield, cam shims, gaskets V bands and oil feed and return is really included.

Jesus guys does it matter........ Lol

I'm sure u could just do a single cheap but we all know what happens and who has the last laugh!

Jamesy has done a proper job u can't knock him for taking every precaution to make sure it's not going to fail and is a useable car?

Best of luck to everyone but at the end of the day u pay for what u get.

I'm sure u could just do a single cheap but we all know what happens and who has the last laugh!

Jamesy has done a proper job u can't knock him for taking every precaution to make sure it's not going to fail and is a useable car?

There is a world of difference between an XS power build on a budget and doing a decent job on a well maintained engine without the bells and whistles. No chrome, no silicone, just the basics.

Thats the point that Scott is trying to make i think.

For the best part I agree but people still get ripped off. Check out my build spec along with current and predicted future spend to see if it accumulates to a "proper job" in your opinion ;)

I cannoned a new thread off of this one to continue the discussion :)

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?239800-Actual-Single-Cost-Discussion

Like the new signature dude - makes it all worthwhile all those nights on your arse on the driveway eh?! ;)