The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Most expensive supra on the forum...:)

suprafan72

In fairness to MattH, hasn't he actually got two cars there? Welded together? So perhaps we halve the build cost as a comparison with others? ;)

No, it's one car that's been repaired, but why not hey, might as well say it's more than that with the bits and bobs I've bought for it over time.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I have to say I had no idea just how much people were spending on these cars. Do people not worry about residuals? Some of these budgets could buy something that might/ would / should appreciate in value, like a house for example :)

Just the reason I'm only going to get aftermarket wheels and go BPU then I may go single in the future if I have money to spare.

I don't think I'll ever get into modifying properly as knowing I would never get the money back would stop me.

I have to say I had no idea just how much people were spending on these cars. Do people not worry about residuals? Some of these budgets could buy something that might/ would / should appreciate in value, like a house for example :)

Pffft, that would be sensible.

Were not sensible here:d

Mines going to be coming up to the £25k mark at the end of the year. It's currently at about 14.5k, but I would say it's worth not far off that.

Ah but will a house cruise past 150, look half as good at the local Tesco crooze or allow one to kid oneself that the guy you've just 'blown away' in a Ferrari, Lambo, Aston, Beemer (delete as your fantasy requires) really wants a Supra now?

No, it was over 2k for everything - I had to have the geo redone too. Why would I send my car all the way down south just to have it 'diagnosed'? lol. It was to be repaired. Was told it was, but it failed as soon as I left the work shop. It was before your time though, Dude.

Before my time it may be Matt but we still need to get this sorted once and for all, it is not possible to properly repair a trans for that money as the converter needs to be cut open and repaired as well, so 2K cannot cover Tein shocks and fitting and MOT and Geo (which I cannot comment on how it was set) and removal and repair of box and converter and all fluids.

So how could Matt have done all that work and supplied the Shocks as well for 2K, is it not actually more the truth that you were desperate to get to the ace cafe' to show off the car(rightfully with a car like that) and even though Matt advised against taking the car you did, Matt had road tested the car and said it did not feel right but you still made the M25 before it failed (he would have done about a 5 mile road test before making his mind up it needed to be removed) In fact Matt was supposed to be going with you in the Trial car but needed fuel and couldnt catch up with you.

Even though it was before my time if you publish on the forum an invoice saying the amount you were charged for the box repair and I mean repair not the refilling AFR will refund that.

I have just called my transmission man and to just change clutches is £995 + vat + converter cut open and flush and reweld is another £165 + vat.

So at the old labour and vat rate the bill to repair the box alone if it needed clutches only would have been £1715.50 + fluid.

I have a copy of the invoice here;

Tein Coilovers £763

Delivery £20

Used bonnet cable £20

Toyota coilpack clips £28.20

Number plates £24

6 X plugs £15.84

Fit Bonnet cable and latches £55

Fit bonnet lifters £55

Fit coilovers £220

GEO £205.63 (£175 +vat as charged to Matt by Austec)

Fit ABS decel sensor £27-50

MOT £50.35

AC Diagnosis £27.50

Guages diagnosis £27.50

Fit plugs £27.50

Fit No plates £27.50

plate brackets and fixings £6.99

INVESTIGATE AND FIX DRIVETRAIN FAULT £220

Total £1794.01

The labour was to find and rectify the FAULT in the box, not repair it, i admit the invoice is missleading in the way its written but surely no one with rudimentry knowledge od vehicles can expect a Transmission and converter rebuild for £220 which included cleaning the underside of the car from the split pipe.

Like I say before my time but you seem to have bee in your bonnet about this so best get it all out now. If you feel aggrieved AFR will refunda % of the £220 even now.

I'm with John on this one. Last time I spoke to David the big was in excess of 240k. This has to be by far the most expensive car on the forum.

You got a link to this car mate? Sounds yummy!

Only reason I thought of inferno's is that its basically a 2010 SUPRA . He's replaced almost everything on it for new parts. I wouldn't even like to imagine the labour charges...

Before my time it may be Matt but we still need to get this sorted once and for all, it is not possible to properly repair a trans for that money as the converter needs to be cut open and repaired as well, so 2K cannot cover Tein shocks and fitting and MOT and Geo (which I cannot comment on how it was set) and removal and repair of box and converter and all fluids.

So how could Matt have done all that work and supplied the Shocks as well for 2K, is it not actually more the truth that you were desperate to get to the ace cafe' to show off the car(rightfully with a car like that) and even though Matt advised against taking the car you did, Matt had road tested the car and said it did not feel right but you still made the M25 before it failed (he would have done about a 5 mile road test before making his mind up it needed to be removed) In fact Matt was supposed to be going with you in the Trial car but needed fuel and couldnt catch up with you.

Even though it was before my time if you publish on the forum an invoice saying the amount you were charged for the box repair and I mean repair not the refilling AFR will refund that.

I have just called my transmission man and to just change clutches is £995 + vat + converter cut open and flush and reweld is another £165 + vat.

So at the old labour and vat rate the bill to repair the box alone if it needed clutches only would have been £1715.50 + fluid.

I have a copy of the invoice here;

Tein Coilovers £763

Delivery £20

Used bonnet cable £20

Toyota coilpack clips £28.20

Number plates £24

6 X plugs £15.84

Fit Bonnet cable and latches £55

Fit bonnet lifters £55

Fit coilovers £220

GEO £205.63 (£175 +vat as charged to Matt by Austec)

Fit ABS decel sensor £27-50

MOT £50.35

AC Diagnosis £27.50

Guages diagnosis £27.50

Fit plugs £27.50

Fit No plates £27.50

plate brackets and fixings £6.99

INVESTIGATE AND FIX DRIVETRAIN FAULT £220

Total £1794.01

The labour was to find and rectify the FAULT in the box, not repair it, i admit the invoice is missleading in the way its written but surely no one with rudimentry knowledge od vehicles can expect a Transmission and converter rebuild for £220 which included cleaning the underside of the car from the split pipe.

Like I say before my time but you seem to have bee in your bonnet about this so best get it all out now. If you feel aggrieved AFR will refunda % of the £220 even now.

Where has that invoice total come from? I’d have to dig out my records to find out exactly how much I paid AFR but it was more than that?

Matt did not advice that the car was not fixed. I hoped my car could be repaired for the ace cafe meet and was told it was. So I jumped on a train with another member on here and down we went. I was told by Matt that the car was fixed but didn’t feel like it was putting out a true 450bhp, to which I understood as I was running hybrids that had been supplied, fitted and mapped by Hypersports. I would never have come down if I was told the car wasn’t running properly. I only understood it to not be putting out 450bhp. We got to AFR after being picked up at the train station. I paid and Matt jumped in the Trial Supra as he didn’t want to miss the ACE cafe meet. I got in my car and pulled out of AFR and the car was not right from the go. Matt got lost on the way to the meet; he turned up quite late from memory.

It was a long time ago and I before your time. I don’t have any problems with you Dude, which is why I’ve never brought anything up since you started with AFR as I’ve heard you do good things. Perhaps if you were there when I sent my car down things may have been different.

I will check my records and determine what I paid at the time.

I don't want this to turn into a mud slinging contest - it's been done before. Shall we move on to PM?

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

Where has that invoice total come from? I’d have to dig out my records to find out exactly how much I paid AFR but it was more than that?

Matt did not advice that the car was not fixed. I hoped my car could be repaired for the ace cafe meet and was told it was. So I jumped on a train with another member on here and down we went. I was told by Matt that the car was fixed but didn’t feel like it was putting out a true 450bhp, to which I understood as I was running hybrids that had been supplied, fitted and mapped by Hypersports. I would never have come down if I was told the car wasn’t running properly. I only understood it to not be putting out 450bhp. We got to AFR after being picked up at the train station. I paid and Matt jumped in the Trial Supra as he didn’t want to miss the ACE cafe meet. I got in my car and pulled out of AFR and the car was not right from the go. Matt got lost on the way to the meet; he turned up quite late from memory.

It was a long time ago and I before your time. I don’t have any problems with you Dude, which is why I’ve never brought anything up since you started with AFR as I’ve heard you do good things. Perhaps if you were there when I sent my car down things may have been different.

I will check my records and determine what I paid at the time.

I don't want this to turn into a mud slinging contest - it's been done before. Shall we move on to PM?

I understand that Matt and I have no problem at all with you, the problem is that you posted something pretty missleading which although I was not part of AFr at the time still looks bad on Matt, had you put the facts that would not be a problem, I am simply putting things straight. Yes maybe if i had been around you may have felt better catered for after the breakdown but I cannot turn back the clock. You simply cannot put what you did in a post ie 'AFR took 2K to repair a box that was not done and had to be done again' that sounds like you were blatently ripped off, the truth is far different, the invoice i have copied exactly, in fact here are 2 pics of the actual invoice as ours are all stored on disc as well as paper copies, no need to PM Matt as this will now set the record straight. like I said its nothing against you I have never met you and have on occasion I believe helped you out with advice and a couple of bits, I will still do that if you need help etc, I am purely setting the record straight.

P1000979.JPG

P1000980.JPG

Sorry to hi-jack the post but I have got to say AFR deserve a fair bit of credit for the quality work they carry out on peoples cars.

Matt is abit out of order to post AFR have ripped him off, irrespective of john not being there.

John is always straight to the point and tells things as they are, there’s not allot he doesn’t know about supras that’s for sure!

I have had my car there a few weeks now and the reason I left it there was down to Matt and John and the fact they want the car to be 100% before I get it back.

Not like most garages who just want the car gone and the money paid, the whole gang really take pride in what they do, it’s great to see.

The service AFR offer from my experience is superb as many members will agree, they bend over backwards to help people out and are always willing to give free advice to fellow supra owners.

Granted sometimes things don’t always go to plan on cars which are over 15 years old, but that’s just the nature of the beast with old sports cars!

I wish AFR all the best for this year and keep up the great work guys, really looking forward to seeing some of your finished big projects for 2011.

Sorry to hi-jack the post but I have got to say AFR deserve a fair bit of credit for the quality work they carry out on peoples cars.

Matt is abit out of order to post AFR have ripped him off, irrespective of john not being there.

John is always straight to the point and tells things as they are, there’s not allot he doesn’t know about supras that’s for sure!

I have had my car there a few weeks now and the reason I left it there was down to Matt and John and the fact they want the car to be 100% before I get it back.

Not like most garages who just want the car gone and the money paid, the whole gang really take pride in what they do, it’s great to see.

The service AFR offer from my experience is superb as many members will agree, they bend over backwards to help people out and are always willing to give free advice to fellow supra owners.

Granted sometimes things don’t always go to plan on cars which are over 15 years old, but that’s just the nature of the beast with old sports cars!

I wish AFR all the best for this year and keep up the great work guys, really looking forward to seeing some of your finished big projects for 2011.

As above, I had my TT6 conversion and BPU work done by them and can't fault there service whatsoever, always kept me informed and had both the cars longer than normal as they didn't want me driving them home in the snow.

Although it's a 500 mile round trip, I shall take my Supra to them for any decent sized jobs as it is worth the travel.

As above, I had my TT6 conversion and BPU work done by them and can't fault there service whatsoever, always kept me informed and had both the cars longer than normal as they didn't want me driving them home in the snow.

Although it's a 500 mile round trip, I shall take my Supra to them for any decent sized jobs as it is worth the travel.

I'd have thought it was a bit further than 250 miles from Barbados ;)