Jakes Sz supra build- The details count

ripped_fear

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Next step for my car was the facelift indicators to freshen up the front end, managed to get my self a modified set so no looms where needed which was nice :p

Only down side is no sidelights but this will change in time ;)

And a big thank you to the guide on here helped no end :D

attachment.php?attachmentid=126755&stc=1&d=1297437962

firstly removed the lights which wasnt a simple as I was expecting, kind of fiddly and they seemed to be rather tight, but got their in the end. :innocent:

attachment.php?attachmentid=126756&stc=1&d=1297437962

Facelift/ pre facelift

attachment.php?attachmentid=126757&stc=1&d=1297437962

attachment.php?attachmentid=126758&stc=1&d=1297437962

attachment.php?attachmentid=126759&stc=1&d=1297437962

attachment.php?attachmentid=126760&stc=1&d=1297438030

All back together and chuffed with the out come! really makes a difference!

IMG01033-20110203-1516.jpg

IMG01034-20110203-1547.jpg

IMG01035-20110203-1603.jpg

IMG01037-20110203-1603.jpg

IMG01038-20110203-1619.jpg

IMG01040-20110203-1627.jpg

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

Hey ripped,

I think your doing a top job with my old car well done mate:thumbs:. Its good to see her being so loved and that youre still happy with her;). One thing mate I pointed out when we first made contact.

it is a L-reg N/A 5speed with 30,000 miles on the clock

Dont believe this mileage for one minute. I bought her with 16000 miles on her and there is no way in this world she had that low mileage for real (just looking at the wear and tear in the cabin in my time) but I was very pleased with her when I took her out on a test drive so it did not bother me. In fact 6 years ago I came on here to ask if I should buy it and ignored everyone and bought it anyway:rolleyes:

Hopefully see you soon in the flesh when the season starts again maybe North Devon or SW show.

Again well done I'm so happy she is not being wrecked and you have decent plans for her.

definitely am! looking into a few set atm i would like a nice set of 18 inch BBS Lm's or a set of deep dish 5 spoke's am looking at a set for sale atm, from a member but they are 17 inch again so alittle small bit might get them to tie me over. :)

I've got 18" BBS LMs - love them! Wish they were deeper dished but they set off the car very well! :D

Hey ripped,

I think your doing a top job with my old car well done mate:thumbs:. Its good to see her being so loved and that youre still happy with her;). One thing mate I pointed out when we first made contact.

Dont believe this mileage for one minute. I bought her with 16000 miles on her and there is no way in this world she had that low mileage for real (just looking at the wear and tear in the cabin in my time) but I was very pleased with her when I took her out on a test drive so it did not bother me. In fact 6 years ago I came on here to ask if I should buy it and ignored everyone and bought it anyway:rolleyes:

Hopefully see you soon in the flesh when the season starts again maybe North Devon or SW show.

Again well done I'm so happy she is not being wrecked and you have decent plans for her.

thanks mate :) and yeah I no the mileage is questionable but arnt they always when it comes to imports, it is still very clean and hasn't missed a beat, so thats good enough for me! :) I still consider myself to have a good one. And if she has been clocked then I wouldn't have thought it would be by too much as although in a couple of places she has a little ware she is still in great condition for the age.

yeah I will try make a few more shows this year! be good to see your new blue monster :D maybe you let me come out ;)

• 4 months later...

Ok so I was going to sell the car and get a tt6 this year but insurance will not allow it,:(

so I am going to spend a bit on this while saving so plans have changed now and the jobs to do are-(couple I have done pics to come)

-Build a custom ipod dock/holder

-New number plate for front

-Space the wheels front and rear

-Lower the car

-Re paint the rear bumper

-Re paint the front end to get rid of stone chips

-Polish some more of the engine bay

-Service