The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Simple low mount seat frame.

JamieP

No bollocks with me :) £75 for a pair have you fitted yours yet Jamie? being as i dont have a supra anymore I have no way of making a set to test out if you can lend me yours ill send them back with a matched pair free of charge.

I can make these from ally, stainless or mild steel, painted or powder coated, polished chromed what ever takes your fancy but price will vary

I could do with a set as well

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No bollocks with me :) £75 for a pair have you fitted yours yet Jamie? being as i dont have a supra anymore I have no way of making a set to test out if you can lend me yours ill send them back with a matched pair free of charge.

I can make these from ally, stainless or mild steel, painted or powder coated, polished chromed what ever takes your fancy but price will vary

Thats good news but you will have to sort out the fabrication yourself, mine are fitted, let me know if it now turns out you cant make these and i will get a mod to delete all relevant posts.

Im a welder fabricator by trade have been doing this for 11 years now, im coded for mig, tig an stick welding most of my skills have been used in my BMW project seen here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?171394-Bought-myself-a-winter-project&highlight=winter+project

I have built several custom seat mounts for various cars including my old silver supra, the problem I can see with this is most of you will not have the same mounting brackets, I can make the rails like Jamie has an if you can let me know the pitch of the holes I can drill an tap them, i will keep all the measurements from the different subframes until eventually I should cover them all> As Nevins has stated above on my Supra I just made strut bars across the two rails and mounted the runners to these. I can make these to a high standard but polishing is not my game so more than happy for mitchell9006 to get involved an polish them or ill sub let it out to a company we use.

john

Im a welder fabricator by trade have been doing this for 11 years now, im coded for mig, tig an stick welding most of my skills have been used in my BMW project seen here http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?171394-Bought-myself-a-winter-project&highlight=winter+project

I have built several custom seat mounts for various cars including my old silver supra, the problem I can see with this is most of you will not have the same mounting brackets, I can make the rails like Jamie has an if you can let me know the pitch of the holes I can drill an tap them, i will keep all the measurements from the different subframes until eventually I should cover them all> As Nevins has stated above on my Supra I just made strut bars across the two rails and mounted the runners to these. I can make these to a high standard but polishing is not my game so more than happy for mitchell9006 to get involved an polish them or ill sub let it out to a company we use.

john

I was thinking more of keeping in line with the "lower is better" outlook.

If you were to extend the brackets by 2-3" (so that the seat can go all the way back for taller folks) they could then be drilled to accomodate the actual lower mounting position of the seat itself, throwing away the universal runners and just going with a fixed mount.

Having more holes along the runner would give more adjustability for preference :)

Id not worry about the holes for the side mounts myself, everyone will want the seat in a different position and can simply drill themself and nut and bolt it, if you want to use the same side mounts as me look here.

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/cobra-steel-alloy-side-mounts-p-588.html

Yeah it won't make any difference with sidemounts. Just meaning the bottom mounts, when John referenced the lower runners :)

I can make them longer no problem, but to be fair if them brackets are good enough for Jamies hight they should be fine at that length :) to clear up some confusion on the runner i was using after market ones on omp bucket seats i bought some universal runners like these, mounted them to the seats an frame only raised them an inch off the floor

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bucket-Seat-Univeral-Running-Sliders-Runners-SS99-/270541823363?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3efd8c9d83