The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Simple low mount seat frame.

JamieP

I can make them longer no problem, but to be fair if them brackets are good enough for Jamies hight they should be fine at that length :) to clear up some confusion on the runner i was using after market ones on omp bucket seats i bought some universal runners like these, mounted them to the seats an frame only raised them an inch off the floor

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Bucket-Seat-Univeral-Running-Sliders-Runners-SS99-/270541823363?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3efd8c9d83

Yeah but the position of the seat is adjustable in JPs thanks to the side mounts.

The inch off the floor is where the difference is unfortunately. If I had an inch extra headroom with my recaros I wouldn't have had to get rid of them ;)

I was using proper fitting OEM recaro rails, they don't get any lower as far as rails go. These might have lowered the seat just enough to do me. If the aim is height, then extending them with mounting holes for the underside of the Recaros, Bride, etc etc would be the best option.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah but the position of the seat is adjustable in JPs thanks to the side mounts.

The inch off the floor is where the difference is unfortunately. If I had an inch extra headroom with my recaros I wouldn't have had to get rid of them ;)

I was using proper fitting OEM recaro rails, they don't get any lower as far as rails go. These might have lowered the seat just enough to do me. If the aim is height, then extending them with mounting holes for the underside of the Recaros, Bride, etc etc would be the best option.

Ok mate need to get as many questions out there really so these suit everyone, im going to see if my mate will lend me his supra this weekend an ill make up a couple of styles an get some photos up. iil then have a price for the two different styles

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Had a mess about fabricating some today I have two lengths ones the normal the second for the larger people :) let me kinow what you think

John

standard frame 330mm between folds, squiggled line on far rail is where its cut for the shorter frames, this will be the size of the ones Jamie had made. 475mm overall width using 50mm x 10mm steel so 375mm in side

Extended frames 490mm from fold to the end with the same widths, these are as low to the floor as possible

I can make these from mild steel, stainless and ally, have them painted powder coated, chromed, anodised what ever takes your fancy :) they will be supplied with longer bolts to mount too

as for the seat mounting ideally they need to be mounted in the car for you to suss the right seating position then drill the holes.

Those really look the part mate. Exactly what I was thinking of and should do most seats IMO :)

cheers mate ive put the widths on there that way people can measure the hole pitches of there fames to see, I have cobra imola seats with cobra side mounts they fit them perfect

How much is it going to work out for a set (all 4) in ally bud? Anodised black would be ideal.

I don't actually need them at the moment but if the price is right it's definitely something I would happily put aside for a "rainy day" :D

How much is it going to work out for a set (all 4) in ally bud? Anodised black would be ideal.

I don't actually need them at the moment but if the price is right it's definitely something I would happily put aside for a "rainy day" :D

now I know how much material is used ill sort a price tomorrow

John

Sorry if I missed the point but will these help sit my OEM Recaros any lower or are they for aftermarket seats?

Yup, they will drop them down an inch or so IMO. Obviously they won't be adjustable then though, will be fixed.

Sorry if I missed the point but will these help sit my OEM Recaros any lower or are they for aftermarket seats?

They will bolt up to the seats, but then its near damn impossible to bolt the rails down in the car with the seats fixed to them, no room to get the bolts in, its easy with buckets as you bolt the rails down, then bolt the side mount to the rail, then fix the seats to the side mounts.

Yup, they will drop them down an inch or so IMO. Obviously they won't be adjustable then though, will be fixed.

Smashing. I can live without adjustable - I want max headroom and max legroom (headroom being more important). All I want now is a boss to move the wheel closer :search: :)

They will bolt up to the seats, but then its near damn impossible to bolt the rails down in the car with the seats fixed to them, no room to get the bolts in, its easy with buckets as you bolt the rails down, then bolt the side mount to the rail, then fix the seats to the side mounts.

Ah right gotcha - I can picture that now after looking at the pic a few pages back. Might it be any easier with studs coming up off the floor so it's then a case of getting a nut on or would that still be a major ballache?