The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Simple low mount seat frame.

JamieP

Smashing. I can live without adjustable - I want max headroom and max legroom (headroom being more important). All I want now is a boss to move the wheel closer :search: :)

I'm in exactly the same position. If the wheel was an inch closer it would be perfect, I will look into making one 1 day (for stock fitment). I got rid of my OEMs due to the lack of headroom.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah right gotcha - I can picture that now after looking at the pic a few pages back. Might it be any easier with studs coming up off the floor so it's then a case of getting a nut on or would that still be a major ballache?

Nah i dont think you would do it mate, i have mine set far back, front bolts are easy to get in, back ones impossible, the only way i think you could do it is a long bolt fixed to the rails going right through the floor and put a nut on from under the car, not sure if anything would be in the way though.

Ah right gotcha - I can picture that now after looking at the pic a few pages back. Might it be any easier with studs coming up off the floor so it's then a case of getting a nut on or would that still be a major ballache?

It is tricky but it can be done. I managed to get a stock drivers side out when the electric motor died. It wasn't all the way back but access was still very restricted. Found out later that it could be manually moved in lol.

In my head I would say it would be easier to bolt in the frames and then bolt in the seats on top. You can get access to the rear bolts from the passenger side, just recline the seats forward, and access the front bolts from underneath the seat.

It is tricky but it can be done. I managed to get a stock drivers side out when the electric motor died. It wasn't all the way back but access was still very restricted. Found out later that it could be manually moved in lol.

In my head I would say it would be easier to bolt in the frames and then bolt in the seats on top. You can get access to the rear bolts from the passenger side, just recline the seats forward, and access the front bolts from underneath the seat.

Thats with an oem rail though, with these there is zero room, ive spent hours at it.

I can make an ally set up 50mm X 10mm (Short set) £120

(Long set) £135

Mild steel 50mm x 10mm (Short set) £75

(Long set) £90

Spoke to a powder coater today depending on the amount bought you will be looking at £15 - £20 on top for the mild steel or ally, he has most colours but im not sure if he will want a batch of random colours at that price (can check after interest shown), these would look great in a satin black or silver.

mitchell9006 is the man to speak to about polishing, i can post direct to him after fabrication.

Anodising place near me has moved will search for a new place an get a price if interested

Postage of these will vary due to weight (will know the amount when first batch sent)

John

• 2 weeks later...