The mkiv Supra Owners Club

For the carbon fibre nuts out there!

Hoppy

Ok, here goes with a monster multi quote

How does it perform, in function, compared to the stock one?

Would'nt say it performs as such, due to the fact it's a fixed part. It does basically fit as good as stock though.

What about the drainage channels?

This had crossed my mind mate, to be honest. Hopefully any excess water will just drain out behind the wings. I'll confirm any rain issues the next time it pisses down, which probably won't be long ;)

I was having these made but the company making them are useless and keeping in touch its been months now as i think i started this at the beginning of the year

these were the guys i was using

[email protected]

I spoke with these chaps myself, back last year. I also found they're comunication very poor. This current company however have always responded to my e-mails within 24hrs. So far anyways!

I was the one that sent my wiper cowl to them for them to take the mould from as he only made us spec ones at the time. Just waiting to fit mine and have to say are awesome quality. Personally think it transforms the look as all the standard cowls are faded now.

Out of interest Hoppy what else are you planning to had made in carbon?

Cheers for sending the doner part mate, as without you i would'nt have mine ;) guess i got the second production part off the mould then :)

A carbon RHD centre console is top of my list mate, and a few other interior bits to follow, for the short term.

As you had first contact with Alfonso, Would you be interested in running a group buy for these nice people? there seems to be a shit load of interest :cool:

oouuuuuu i like group buy some one :D

just had a look in your garage and your a bit of a CF whore aint ya lol looks mega tho think the car is screaming for a ridox kit too

I am partial to a bit of CF mate. Think it's developing into a bit of a fettish actually. Was eyeing up a nice CF bog seat the other day, but then i realized i can't afford to start carbon fibre'ing my house too!!

Oh yes, the Ridox kit with all the carbon touches rocks :drool: a future purchase if my missus wins the bingo a few times !lol!

I painted mine gloss black and it looks the nuts now.

Just out of interest why is there a hole in it on the passenger side. Is it a universal item for wipers either side as in LHD or RHD. If you can get 1 specifically for RHD I'd be interested but I couldn't live with the hole. I know it's anal but my OCD would be on overtime.

Yes mate, it RHD specific, and yes that is a screw hole ;)

Does look quite sweet. How does he charge for doing that

I paid via Paypal mate.

I'm considering this too.Mind , if your OE part is faded(do prefer the ribs on this),try stuff called C4 permanent trim restorer(not the bang bang stuff)Available from http://www.gtechniq.com.Its a coating for black plastic and carbon trim and lasts for about two years.It their promo video is to be believed its works wonders.Brings faded parts back to like new.

Edited by gaijin (see edit history)

Would'nt say it performs as such, due to the fact it's a fixed part. It does basically fit as good as stock though.

It performs a function, draining water away. How does it compare with stock? I was under the impression the stock one was so complex so that it dissipates water from the bonnet away from the windscreen at speed?

It performs a function, draining water away. How does it compare with stock? I was under the impression the stock one was so complex so that it dissipates water from the bonnet away from the windscreen at speed?

Ok, the carbon panel itself does'nt have any drainage holes, so i'm not sure what effect this will have. I only fitted it today, so i have'nt had a chance to drive the car in the rain yet. I'll update the thread when i know more on this potential issue.

ah no i want one if the guy marks it down as a little a little cheaper when he sends it tax will be cheaper , its a bit of a gamble like

Funny enough, i actually had this conversation with the seller, pre purchase stage. I asked him if he could declare a low item value when shipping, for customs purposes. At the time he agreed to send it as a low value comercial sample. However, when the package arrived, the full purchase amount, had been declared. I'll be mentioning this customs charge with them, to see whats what, regarding future dealings.

Overall though, "i'm as happy as a pig in shit" wth it!! Great bang for buck visual upgrade + Well worth the extra notes IMHO :)

oouuuuuu i like group buy some one :D

just had a look in your garage and your a bit of a CF whore aint ya lol looks mega tho think the car is screaming for a ridox kit too

exactly my thoughts.. im currently getting a ridox kit fitted to mine.. i have pm'd the guy asking how much for a BIN and P&P to UK :D