The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your 2011 Supra plans?

JamieP

Honestly... I feel my spending winds some people up into having digs at me, Ive seen the same on supraforums, im not sure if i will do a thread yet.

That's just spiteful jealousy mate. I'm definitely jealous and I wish I had the same spare money to spend on toys as you do, that gives no reason for some of the spiteful digs I have seen directed towards you. IMO you should do your own thing mate, no point in taking any of the negativity on board as, IMO, there are a lot more positives in your threads than there are negatives.

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Honestly... I feel my spending winds some people up into having digs at me, Ive seen the same on supraforums, im not sure if i will do a thread yet.

Don't be like that. People may be jealous but who cares, it's interesting and nice to see what you get up to with your Supra!

Ignore the minority, don't let them ruin it for the rest of us. I bet for every person who react badly to your threads, 100 people will really like reading them for what they are. If that minority took the time to read your posts properly, they'd realise that even though you do spend alot on the car, you are also very selective about the parts you use and the people who fit them, which will save you money and stress in the long run.

Screw 'em, can't say I've seen it on Supra forums though, most seem to be much better off than they are on here, hell, half of them on there seem to have some sort of Exotica like a Lambo in addition to the Supra.

Anyway, my current list for the new year(although it will probably change as the year progresses) is:

Meister R coilovers

New Wheels(undecided on CCW, BC or HRE)

Respray back to RSP

Top Secret Diffuser

Ridox or Do-luck skirts

Some nice new seats

Stand-alone ECU(probably Syvecs)

Bigger Brakes

That's it for the time being, with wheels, brakes and coilovers top of the list.

For me the current list is:

1. Buy-Fit new seats

2. Heckler dash with shift light (if he ever gets it working on a facelift :p)

3. More engine chromed

4. Fit chrome cam covers and carbon spark plug cover

5. Coilovers and new ARB's

And the biggy that'll more than likely take me longer than this year

6. Attempt to re-plumb the whole brake system with inconel pipe rather than copper and and swagelock fittings rather than ferreled copper ends (will be rediculously over rated for whats needed)

I enjoy all the project threads on the forum, your as one of the most Jamie, so much going on all the time, always makes a good read.

My plans for 2011

Remove engine ass.

Refresh head

Fit all single build parts

Refit engine and box

Remap

Important -Learn to drive at every track day I can get to

Lower on tein springs untill later in the year

Buy ccw classics and r888 tyres

Roll arches

Remove jdm skirts and spats

Flock dash panels

Fit 180mph speedo

New dash led's

Facelift headlights

Did we say next year or the next 5 lol

Edited by Bailey. (see edit history)

1.) Top secret CF bonnet with aerocatches

2.) Fit the seats from the Orange beast i bought from Rob

3.) Fit my RLTC

4.) Half carbon TRD going on this weekend

5.) Re-spraying calipers and plastics under bonnet in white (plastics may have offset orange strip to match seats, if it dosent look good then just plain white)

6.) Re-spray dash white, ive already removed it

7.) Change out my TRD clocks for stock and have full dash LED conversion from Heckler

8.) Install 2nd Decat and have it remapped at AFR

9.) Possibly replace my side skirts

10) Fit my spacers on the rear wheels

Thats the main things anyway

edit: Upgrade my brakes later in the year hopefully, maybe Lexus ls400's