The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Stock UK Spec TT6

Josh

how old are you? £1400 seems a good price, i pay £1500 lol

im with aplan and they said a tt6 (does not matter if it import or uk) is cheaper to insure than a auto

Just turned 22 :)

Been driving for 5 years in March 2011, got 3 years NCB and no crashes in the last 3 years (which is as far back as elephant ask).

That's the same prices I was getting when I was checking quotes a year ago.

That's with my Mum on the policy as a named driver :)

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope so;)

and 30 is for the months i use the car a lot, if i dont drive her like the winter months, its 9,90 months.

Is a Gps system that sum up the miles/months.

Its call pay as you drive.

Sounds pretty good, a lot depends on the car and the cover you have though, is this an agreed value policy, limited milage etc etc etc

what did admiral and elephant want to insure an import ?

About £4000. I think the cheapest I got was £3400 if I made it lowest mileage and everything as good as can be.

So around £1000 with all the correct details and being completely honest is pretty damn good :)

Get a quote off sky or Adrian flux, you won't get anything decent on these price comparison sites.

Sky said I have to be 23 but I'll try Adrian Flux as their only problems were the mods and that or was an import so I'll try them later.

Thanks again to all for the help :)

if I got a J-spec I'd have to look at upgrading to bigger brakes which I won't need to do with the UK Supra :)

A lot of J-spec Supras were factory fitted with the larger brakes (more than the whole number of UK spec Supras ever produced) and many others will have been upgraded.

Oh and obviously the turbos would be stronger.

.....and laggier. Yes the UK turbos don't have a habit of spitting their turbines out the exhaust, but they do tend to suffer more with oil seal wear.

Just so your aware. Any mods you add at a later date will see your insurance go very high. You might be waiting a few years till you can afford the insurance on a bpu. Elephant won't insure modded cars even uk models. This is the case when you start the kidding. My car on the compare sites (uk bpu) returns 2 quotes both are £9999 which is more than the car is worth. I couldn't get insurance on anything modded till I was 25. And then it wasn't cheep.

And don't forget prices are going up all the time mine went up by 300 this year

Just so your aware. Any mods you add at a later date will see your insurance go very high. You might be waiting a few years till you can afford the insurance on a bpu. Elephant won't insure modded cars even uk models. This is the case when you start the kidding. My car on the compare sites (uk bpu) returns 2 quotes both are £9999 which is more than the car is worth. I couldn't get insurance on anything modded till I was 25. And then it wasn't cheep.

And don't forget prices are going up all the time mine went up by 300 this year

Ah well I'll have to check with bpu mods.

I'd be happy to stay stock to learn the car for a year or 2 anyway.

I'll check prices and stuff later then report back.

Admiral, low mileage, add your dad,

their the only company i can get to quote (reasonable)

insurance is on the up tho

stock cars are boring, get straight into BPU! :)

I wanted to start BPU but I think it'd be more sensible (and cheaper) to start with stock power levels as my Golf is the most powerful car I've driven on the road :)

As for the Jap vs. UK, as the insurance is going up, if it goes up by 30% then that'd be a few hundred more for a UK whereas the Jap car would go up by like a grand.

you IMO have a problem searching for a UK manual................in recent years the (very) few i've seen come up for sale have been high milers and a bit rough around the edges or pretty good to mint cars that are expensive. If any did pop up at all that looked good and were at a reasonable price then IMO you will be doing well to beat a dealer to it as they can and do react and view within a few days.

With such a saving on the UK insurance I would seriously consider an auto...........or if 100% set on a manual you will need a (bigger!) fund and for that fund to be just sitting there ready to go/pounce

you IMO have a problem searching for a UK manual................in recent years the (very) few i've seen come up for sale have been high milers and a bit rough around the edges or pretty good to mint cars that are expensive. If any did pop up at all that looked good and were at a reasonable price then IMO you will be doing well to beat a dealer to it as they can and do react and view within a few days.

With such a saving on the UK insurance I would seriously consider an auto...........or if 100% set on a manual you will need a (bigger!) fund and for that fund to be just sitting there ready to go/pounce

I've been offered a stock UK TT6 with just over 70k miles by someone on here. As soon as I sort funds I think I'm going to go for it.

I'll keep people posted :)