The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can we change the forum colour yet?

bignum

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

old forum is NOT coming back. The software was obsolete and meant it would not be developed any further by the developers. Which in turn meant that any security holes would be left wide open. I wont scare you with stats on how often the site is given the beady eye by hackers but its enough to make your hair fall out....

Mawbs put in months getting the upgrade to work and will get round to a colour scheme change at some point, but it will be when he has time and energy. He does all this work for free, and those of you in the industry will know that developers time is not cheap.

You never know, if you crossed his palm with silver (not saliva) then he may do it quicker...money talks.

Remember the furor when facebook changed al ittle while ago...I suspect many will not remember why they wanted it to remain the same...

Bring back the spinning Jenny I say! (Google it!) :)

Google now have bloody banners advertising crap on the "Images" page. This will distract me from the nude ladies. Damn them!

old forum is NOT coming back. The software was obsolete and meant it would not be developed any further by the developers. Which in turn meant that any security holes would be left wide open. I wont scare you with stats on how often the site is given the beady eye by hackers but its enough to make your hair fall out....

Mawbs put in months getting the upgrade to work and will get round to a colour scheme change at some point, but it will be when he has time and energy. He does all this work for free, and those of you in the industry will know that developers time is not cheap.

You never know, if you crossed his palm with silver (not saliva) then he may do it quicker...money talks.

I don't want the old forum back, but there are formatting issues on the new layout that are pure insanity. Is there going to be an option to drop the repeated text on every line, Started By, Replies, Views, Last Post, Forum are supposed to be column headers in a table, not repeated on every line making it hard to read the forum. I like the new theme, it's slow but I can put up with that, but I like the freshness, I like the tapatalk, but the layout is doing my nut in

I don't want the old forum back, but there are formatting issues on the new layout that are pure insanity. Is there going to be an option to drop the repeated text on every line, Started By, Replies, Views, Last Post, Forum are supposed to be column headers in a table, not repeated on every line making it hard to read the forum. I like the new theme, it's slow but I can put up with that, but I like the freshness, I like the tapatalk, but the layout is doing my nut in

Need to see a screen shot on this as I dont see those duplicates on my layouts.

edited to add - Mawbs will do what he can on this stuff, but my approach is always to assume it wont be changed and this is what you have, then if it does change its a nice surprise.

I quite like the new format. The only feature I would really like back is the ability to hide selected peoples' Signatures.

I'm aware that we can turn them off altogether but I only want to hide the more annoying ones.

Any chance of having that feature back, Mawbs?

Need to see a screen shot on this as I dont see those duplicates on my layouts.

edited to add - Mawbs will do what he can on this stuff, but my approach is always to assume it wont be changed and this is what you have, then if it does change its a nice surprise.

I'm in the middle of doing some screen shots to illustrate my issue :D

I quite like the new format. The only feature I would really like back is the ability to hide selected peoples' Signatures.

I'm aware that we can turn them off altogether but I only want to hide the more annoying ones.

Any chance of having that feature back, Mawbs?

I can confirm this one is on his to-do list :)

Right, the first pic is a screenshot of what we get now. The second pic I have moved all of the repeated info from each line and put it as a column header (as it used to be). Forgive me if I haven't put the Replies numbers in or if I got the View/Replies columns in the wrong order

Old:

attachment.php?attachmentid=123325&stc=1&d=1290371532

New:

attachment.php?attachmentid=123326&stc=1&d=1290371532

Thats only on 'whats new' though, right?

I normally only use "New Posts" to browse the forum, so now you mention it I went to browse the sections manually, and the format is a bit all over the place. It has headings for View/Replies and still duplicates the View & Reply text on each row. The Last Post By actually works as expected with the sub forums with it in the header but not repeated on each row