The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can we change the forum colour yet?

bignum

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Blue is just the index.

Grey writing on black background is perfect i think, very easy on the eyes, this is far to bright.

http://www.spracingforum.com/forums/showthread.php?163-New-SP-Project-Cowboy-Bebop-s-4.7L-TT-Supra-visits-for-some-quot-minor-quot-work

That is spot on Jamie, this place gives me a bad head when I'm on for any time

The Blue is just the index.

Grey writing on black background is perfect i think, very easy on the eyes, this is far to bright.

http://www.spracingforum.com/forums/showthread.php?163-New-SP-Project-Cowboy-Bebop-s-4.7L-TT-Supra-visits-for-some-quot-minor-quot-work

Very much a fan of this setup

If they are running the same board could the colour scheme be pinched?

Looks like SF have sorted the background colour within hours :rolleyes:

As I say, Mawbs does this for the love of the club. I'm sure if you all wanted to pay him for his services he would do the colour change quickly. I would have thought around 3 hours work including testing at around £80 an hour would do it. So club together and give Mawbs £240 and I'm sure it will be done quickly.

Or we can all wait for him to find some time in his busy schedule to fix this.

I think he should do it NOW, for free or instant ban.

As I say, Mawbs does this for the love of the club. I'm sure if you all wanted to pay him for his services he would do the colour change quickly. I would have thought around 3 hours work including testing at around £80 an hour would do it. So club together and give Mawbs £240 and I'm sure it will be done quickly.

Or we can all wait for him to find some time in his busy schedule to fix this.

Please don't forget that I did create a new colour scheme and the new colour scheme generator reset all of our templates which wasn't very nice of it.

It's still on my to-do list and now all of the calendars have gone that will give me a bit more free time to try this again.

I think its because I'm a programmer I thought it would be as simple as changing a colour in a style sheet, I actually find it hard to believe that this version of vbb doesn't have a plugin which allows preset schemes to be selected for about 10 mins work, I guess that's my over simplified view fo the world for ya :D, if I wrote a BB system it would have those features

There is now a blue colour theme available. It's kind of a mixture of the original two blue colour schemes we have. It's not perfect yet so if you spot anything that looks odd then let me know and I'll see what I can do.

I hope to release a new colour scheme each week but it will depend on work commitments.

I have made a few tweaks to the blue scheme and consider it finished unless anyone points out something wrong with it.

I've also added a new Black & White scheme. This one still needs a little work and I need to create some new editor icons for it as the current Bold, Italic, etc buttons cannot be seen very well. Hopefully I'll get a chance to finish it off tomorrow.

I've also added a new Black & White scheme. This one still needs a little work and I need to create some new editor icons for it as the current Bold, Italic, etc buttons cannot be seen very well. Hopefully I'll get a chance to finish it off tomorrow.

Thanks Mawby, but wouldn't it just be easier to have a white background, like the default, and making all the current blue bits, black/grey, etc?

I have made a few tweaks to the blue scheme and consider it finished unless anyone points out something wrong with it.

Lee, no need to do that. Edit the CSS manually. Search for .editor_controls and add a new element called "background: gray" - then it'll match the text entry box and the icons show nicely. Save you a bucket of time.

Also for the pagination - find:

.pagination span a.popupctrl {

height: 15.99px;

padding-left: 18px;

padding-right: 4px;

.pagination span a {

background: none repeat scroll 0 0 #090909;

border: 1px solid #303030;

font: 13px

then add this to both

color: white;

EDIT - this is for the B&W theme only