The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Can we change the forum colour yet?

bignum

Editing the CSS manually... dirty boy, there's a stylevar for that. :p

I did add a background colour to the icons but it looked a bit naff. Anyway, whatever I do it's a job for tomorrow now.

Stylevars only seem to work for elements that are already present - the changes I put up are inherited, rather than explicitly stated ;)

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Mawby, but wouldn't it just be easier to have a white background, like the default, and making all the current blue bits, black/grey, etc?

Pfft.. the other themes are harder to see. Besides, the default is always the most cleanest.

I would like an option like the old black and white theme. A simple default-like version, but I'm not sure if that's possible now. :)

It seems to so strange listening to peoples voice on colour themes for web design.

I mean web developers usually offer a default design that give optimal colour themes for the human eye to easily handle and yet I see so many people say they much prefer the designs that can actually hurt your eyes.

I created a site designer for a company once which had almost exactly the same colour theme as this forum and they decided against it and went with black and bright green text. A lot like old apple computers, you could say. It hurts my eyes and I wasn't best pleased that I worked on such a big project and yet they created a complete turd out of it. But since I got paid, I didn't complain.

I just wander what goes through peoples minds sometimes. :)

I might tone down some of the white bits of the black and white theme, they are very contrasting although possibly very good for anyone who suffers from colour blindness or poor eyesight.

SF used a light gray rather than white for the text, another problem I had with the black scheme is I would never know which site I was on, the blue on blue is extremely pleasant for my eyes

Only problem with the black/white and blue compared to default, is it stands out too much on my work PC and I can't pass it off as a report or anything from a distance! :p

That's why a black/grey version of the default would look the best in my opinion. Too much 'colour' looks horrible.