The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TSS sprint setup

dr_jekyll

sorry mate , im not a great reciver.

will you be allowed to use slicks in the itcc ?

Being a 2WD car yes, slick tyres will be allowed but we are limited to a maximum width. 4WD were limited to track day tyres this season to try and even out their traction advantage against the rest of the field. But I think they are getting their own class next year and will be allowed to run slicks too as they will only be competing amongst themselves.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Being a 2WD car yes, slick tyres will be allowed but we are limited to a maximum width. 4WD were limited to track day tyres this season to try and even out their traction advantage against the rest of the field. But I think they are getting their own class next year and will be allowed to run slicks too as they will only be competing amongst themselves.

what size wheels do you run and what are the width resrictions?

FIA approved engine kill switch in compartment and on scuttle panel

Get yourself an electronic cut off, myself and a few others use the CarTek unit which comes with a main switch for the interior and an external switch for the scuttle as required by the regs ;)

what size wheels do you run and what are the width resrictions?

I have just read the draft regulations for 2011 and tyre width allowed is determined by the weight of your car.

Up to 1300kg is up to 235 tyres. (I'll never get the car below that weight with my budget in a million years)

Over 1300kg is up to 265 tyres which is ideal for me as I was going to fit a 9.5" rim to the rear and move the 9" rim thats already on there up to the front.

I'm running 17" rims. Don't even ask me what a 265/40-17 tyre roughly equates to in a race tyre size!

Get yourself an electronic cut off, myself and a few others use the CarTek unit which comes with a main switch for the interior and an external switch for the scuttle as required by the regs ;)

its a nice piece of kit but a bit hot for my pocket atthe moment , i have checked with the TSS anf the mechanial with pull cable is fine for now :)

• 3 weeks later...
yes i got it, wonderfull mate, iv order the pull cable to go with it and ill get it fitted when the 2foot of snow has gone from the workshop carpark :) ,

cant thank you enough

Well thats great news and I'm thrilled it meets with your approval mate.

Don't fit it until you know where the pull cable will emerge from behind the dash, that way you can position the switch so the cable doesn't have to operate through an awkward angle and will pull the key easily.

Best of luck in the series bud.

following on from my functional spoiler thread , i thaught id try one to see if it imroved high speed stability.

so, thanks to jon (downimpact) i have this big wing :)

i called it huw (Hidiously Ugly Wing)

sorry for the poor pics , ill take better when i can get the car out. and fingers crossed it will do the job so i can overlook how terrible it looks :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=124505&d=1293408711

attachment.php?attachmentid=124506&d=1293408711

P241210_14.24.jpg

P241210_14.25_[01].jpg

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

Get someone to drive along side with a video camera and film the rear wheel arch gap at the top while at a reasonable speed, eg. motorway. See if you can work out the suspension compression due to the wing.

You should be able to find out the rear spring constant, multiply by the gap shrinkage and get downforce on the back axle in kg.

Do the same for the front and see if the wing pushes the nose up a bit.

Paul.

good idea.

well just been given the events and dates for the season

Round 1, Sunday 27th March - Rockingham

Round 2, Sunday 22ndMay – Woodbridge

Round 3, Sunday July 24th – Barkston Heath

Round 4, Saturday 13th August – Llandow

Round 5, Sunday 4th September – Croft (Subject to noise)

Round 6, Saturday 15th October – Blyton

verry exited :)

ok , well i have a list of things to do before the first event in march

Secure smaller battery,

cover battery posotive

fit yellow earth

Remove alarm

Fit engine kill and pull cord

Remove aircon

Weight reduction , rear seat belts , trim ect

Reset timeing

Fit cage

Fit stickers

Fit spoiler

mot and tax

sound test 102 db limit

so as im lazy , if im on line and there are things not marked as done on the above list please feel free to tell me to get back on it :)

Sounds like quite a list Craig, you'd better get on with it! Do you think you'll be close to the noise limit?

I need to get a list sorted and start making moves, had quite a lot to do but I'm never going to do it all in 2 months - I'll have to trim it down to the essentials.. (one of which is a new drivers seat!).

im pretty sure ill be over the noise tbh. i need to get it checked and im curently trying to find ways of quieting it down just incase it is.

my progress is being help up alot at the moment as i busy in work so i can see a few late nights comeing as the time gets closer