The mkiv Supra Owners Club

TSS sprint setup

dr_jekyll

Got the hard pipes made up and fitted now so another thing to cross off the list, it also runs higher than the chassis so plenty of ground clearance on it as well. Things are coming along great, just need to start removing the box now for the new clutch that hopefully arrives on Monday.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets have some pictures of the fitted cage, does the dash dodger get in the way of your leg? i went with a through dash, pita to fit tbh but im hoping the agro will be worth it, did you go with the door bars? they sent me two sets by mistake but i think im going to use both sets.

the bar just touches the side of my knee when im off the throttle but when im driving the car on track i dont really notice it. i have to say i found the cusco cage fitted real well and the dash doger was simple to fit.

hopefully my clutch and new modified turbo housing will be with me on monday so we can throw it all together and sheel be ready for round 1 :) and ill take lots of pics

hows the car coming on mate, when does the action start

Well I have enough bits and pieces collected to open my own motor factor shop if I could get trader status!!

Unfortunately they all still require fitting to the car along with the engine and gearbox. (I didn't get a lot done over the winter as you can see, it's not a time of year I find very conducive to working on late in the garage)

Thats my excuse an' I'm sticking with it!

But all going well the next couple of weeks should see me with a BPU'd 1JZ'd track weapon with 5 working gears!!

And a big feckin shiny wing on the back!

done a few more bits today. with the helkp of nev we pulld the box off in no time to swap the cluch but unfortunatley we found the fly wheel has large fractures in a few places :(keron had none in stock so i orderd a 4kg competition fly wheel so weel have to wait for that now ,

as we couldnt finish the job we droped the engine and diff oil while the car was up and we fitted the decal sent to us by opie oils that agreed a sponsorship with us ::)

i also had the turbo housing modifyed to stop me melting samco hoses asgainsed the manifold

pics

attachment.php?attachmentid=127401&d=1298499425

attachment.php?attachmentid=127402&d=1298499425

attachment.php?attachmentid=127403&d=1298499425

attachment.php?attachmentid=127404&d=1298499425

attachment.php?attachmentid=127405&d=1298499425

21022011002.jpg

21022011001.jpg

23022011008.jpg

23022011007.jpg

23022011005.jpg

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

done a few more bits today. with the helkp of nev we pulld the box off in no time to swap the cluch but unfortunatley we found the fly wheel has large fractures in a few places :(keron had none in stock so i orderd a 4kg competition fly wheel so weel have to wait for that now ,

Where did you get your new flywheel from buddy, when I changed my clutch I got my fly wheel skimmed due to hair line cracks, but they were still faintly there after the skim. Been struggling to find one since so just dealing with a little judder. Cracking looking sticker set.

Month and 3 days untill 1st event...

Edited by Missile
Adding stuff. (see edit history)

small update, i decided to order some fresh suspension as the tenbe stuff i have is a bit tired ,

i emaild miester R and they were verry helpfull and gave me lots of options on dampers and spring rates so ive got a set comeing and ill ave a play with the set up.

this is the same set up thats on the sats cosworth supra and the reviews ive read all say this is top notch stuff so a good suspension set up could shave of a few tenths per run :)

• 2 weeks later...

the manual diff is open though and the back of the car is awfull through the bends with it , the tt auto lsd is far better but i think the gears are a bit long for sprinting. it also makes it harder getting the thing off the line fast. i want a smaller turbo that can sustain boost through the whole rev band but i want it on full boost by 3k. the gt4088 takes too long imho