TSS sprint setup

dr_jekyll

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ok some good news and some bad news

good news.

the car passed the mot with no advisorys, the tester said it was tip top :)

bad news

i tested the loudness with an i phone and it showed 138db. dose that sound a bit high to be rite to you? im hopeing the app is just miles off

• 2 weeks later...

it was supposed to be a trough dash :( i even baught the air saw to chop my dassh up . but o offerdx it up today and it is the dash dodger

it is the safty 21. question is, do i send it back and have to wait onothe 5 weeks or do i just get it on for this season and get a better one next year

got a bit more done today

i had to relocate my afr guage due to the cage obstructing it where it was.

and i fitted the kill switch pedrosixfor kindly sent me. i also fitted the pull cord to the scuttle pannel

attachment.php?attachmentid=125875&d=1295731492

attachment.php?attachmentid=125876&d=1295731492

all i need now is to fit the cage and im on track on feb the 12th for some testing:)

P220111_18.40.jpg

P220111_17.30.jpg

Edited by dr_jekyll (see edit history)

it was supposed to be a trough dash :( i even baught the air saw to chop my dassh up . but o offerdx it up today and it is the dash dodger

it is the safty 21. question is, do i send it back and have to wait onothe 5 weeks or do i just get it on for this season and get a better one next year

If it passes scrutiny I'd run with it for this year Craig, feck it, you have it now, see how you get on with the series and the car this year.

Then, next year, if you want to continue running the Supra you could probably strip the interior and get someone like Andy Robinson to build you a proper cage thats FIA complient and a structural part of the car, that way you can try out various forms of motorsport with the same car, TSS, Time Attack, Drift, Drag, a good cage is essential for all these. You'll sell this cage next year no problem.

• 2 weeks later...

got a few more bits done. fitted the cage and i have to say the cusco cage was a perfect fit , verry tight and easy to install. i striped another few pounds of weight , panels/ wires ect and iv done all the wiring for the kill switch.

pics to follow

verry close to being ready for action now

• 2 weeks later...

Craigs slacking lol, so here is the updated list.

Secure smaller battery, Done

cover battery positive Done

fit yellow earth Done

Remove alarm Done

Fit engine kill and pull cord Done

Remove air con Done

Weight reduction , rear seat belts , trim ect Done

Reset timing In progress

Fit cage Done

Fit stickers Done

Fit spoiler Done

mot and tax Done

sound test 102 db limit to be tested

Re wrap the manifold Done

Fit new clutch In progress

Source and fit new suspension In progress

Replace Turbo and manifold gaskets In progress

Relocate oil catch can Done

Fabricate new IC pipe work Done

Acquire sponsors In progress

Edited by nevins (see edit history)

he's team/ project manager. :)

yea sorry about the pics ive been pretty busy in work but luckily the arc angel nevins has been on the case and been helping out . he kindly riped out my aircon sysytem yeaterday and removed the remainder of the sound deadening as well as sorting some sponsers for the car.

the car is in a million pices at the moment so when shes back in one piece and rwady for rockingham ill get snapping.