The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supraturbochris' France trip 2011

supraturbochris

Evening guys.

Just been having a long convo with abz. We are thinking about doing a weekend trip to france next may.

Maximum it would cost all in at £300. Would be great to see quite a few supra's going.

I know its a bit far in the future but i thought it would be good to get everyone notified about this asap.

We will be meeting first thing, maybe bluewater? Then travelling down to dover, catching the ferry then travelling down france.

Looking at dates either friday morning 27th to sunday 29th evening or saturday 28th morning to sunday 29th evening.

Maximum 2 tanks of petrol - £140ish

Hotel - £60ish

Ferry return - £30ish

food and drinks at your costs.

I need to look into this a little bit more, give a exact price etc. :)

1. supraturbochris

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not sure mate. I will have to find out but My supra is low. :)

Right this could be the hotel, nothing exciting, express inn - holiday inn. £80 per night b+b http://www.holidayinn-lille.com/

The hotel is located in lille which is 58 miles from calais to lille which isnt that far down.

p&o ferry is £30 friday to sunday return and £50 saturday return.

How does this sound to everyone?

Bloody hell your quick!

I just spent last weekend down in France with the Supe, it was amazing!!! :D

If we are going to Lillie shouldn't take us long at all and the French love our cars! I went to a wedding and each time we went to the different venues they had planned I came back to find a group of people taking photo's! Now mine is not exactly the best looker in the club but by the reactions I got in France I thought it had! :D

I managed using just one tank there and back & the hotel was only £60 & it was very clean!

I am a possible, tunnel would be better than the ferry, especially for the low cars as they will struggle to get on the ferry
I was worried about this but mine went on fine, the only problem was coming off in France they had a rather high hump but it seem to clear it (also looked like it was rubbery material. Mine has been dropped a little on stock 17inch wheels with a FMIC which hangs a little low!

I was worried about this but mine went on fine, the only problem was coming off in France they had a rather high hump but it seem to clear it (also looked like it was rubbery material. Mine has been dropped a little on stock 17inch wheels with a FMIC which hangs a little low!

Think a few of us with much lower cars and differant front bumpers will struggle

Hi guys, if your looking for a clean and confortable hotel room , let me advice you this one::)http://www.hotel-bb.com/

Very nice room and very good price( around 55pounds/night)

Just had a brain wave! Seeing as it is a big one next year for the club, how about we meet up with our fellow members in France? Could you spread the word? This would be the mother off all Supra meets :D

Mr Lover & DNK totally agree, I could see other members struggle, train it is then, I'll do some research.

Just had a brain wave! Seeing as it is a big one next year for the club, how about we meet up with our fellow members in France? Could you spread the word? This would be the mother off all Supra meets :D

Mr Lover & DNK totally agree, I could see other members struggle, train it is then, I'll do some research.

thats actually a real good idea! since its a big year for the club, why dont we make this 1 of the "big events" of the year to celebrate? im sure other people would agree?

Did the Dragonball twice, 70-80 supras in total and every single one got on the train no problem at all.

A lowered car will have problems with the ferry.

Yes i agree and was on about the ferry, i had a look in Abz garage and his car is on stilts compared to mine and no silly low front bumper either :D

no need to worry guys, euro tunnel it is.

Abz thats a quality idea, meet up with the french supra's.

Im going to put this in the supra chat section for nore people to see the thread.

Not worried just discussing the pro's and cons :)

A european meet of Swiss, French, German, Italian, Dutch, English etc etc would be one hell of a meet :)