The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Magictorch's Billet 7175 & Respray Thread

magictorch

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be going for huge power with that spec.

What ever happened to people being sensible or has everyone been brain washed by the yanks :D

Chris Wilson has been telling us we're too conservative with our cams, maybe with Jay, Terminator, etc doing 280's, he's gone for it :)

I'm sticking with 264's :)

I am running 280 degree cams in a 2.6 litre RB26 and it's neither laggy nor outrageously thirsty. It does have a afir bit of static compression and a good porting job. The turbos are very conservative in size though, on very short manifold runners. perfectly usable as a road engine, although that's not it's purpose in life. Trouble is just saying 264 degrees, or 280 degrees et cetera means nothing without a lot more lift and duration figures. To compare cam to cam in any meaningful way you need a proper data sheet for it, like below, that's for a 1.6 four cylinder turbo engine....

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAM PRO PLUS Cam Card Report 11:43:47 08/10/2010

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Spec. Value

---------------- -----------------------------------------

File Chris Wilson special direct acting mechanical profiles\D300-D399\D361.CPP

Lobes I1

Lobe Separation ----- Cam Deg.

Checking Height 0.010 Inch

Valve Overlap ----- Crank Deg.

Intake Exhaust

------------------- -------------------

Centerline 102.0 ATDC

Open 48.8 BTDC

Close 72.9 ABDC

Duration 301.8 Crank Deg.

Area 37.12 Inch Deg.

Lash 0.0250 Inch

Rocker Ratio 1.00

Peak Cam Lift 0.43405 Inch

Peak Valve Lift 0.40905 Inch

Lift @ TDC 0.1550 Inch

-------------------------------------------------------------

Spec. Value

---------------- -----------------------------------------

Checking Height 0.039 Inch

Valve Overlap ----- Crank Deg.

Intake Exhaust

------------------- -------------------

Centerline 102.0 ATDC

Open 25.3 BTDC

Close 48.2 ABDC

Duration 253.5 Crank Deg.

Area 36.69 Inch Deg.

Lash 0.0250 Inch

Rocker Ratio 1.00

Peak Cam Lift 0.43405 Inch

Peak Valve Lift 0.40905 Inch

Lift @ TDC 0.1550 Inch

I think I'll end up with 264s and a T67 or so at some point :lol:

That'd be a good introduction to the single turbo world I suppose! :)

Dont get me wrong, 264's and a T67 is a superb setup, just people seem to want bit more these days me included, but more costs lots £....

Love the spec Jamie, what mm is the 7175? What size injectors are the PHR2 kit again? What do you think the HP goal is?

It looked mint in black, but I'm sure white will too, look forward to the progress :)

PHR stage 2 are 850 injectors but i think im swapping them out for 1000's or bigger.....futureproof it a bit:)

Power goals are 750+.... maybe 800 proven on a stock engine?

See what Lee and Ryan think when she's mapped;)

Dont get me wrong, 264's and a T67 is a superb setup, just people seem to want bit more these days me included, but more costs lots £....

Haha yeah dude I know what ya mean! You proved the T67 to be a good route to go to begin with for sure! :)

Must be going for huge power with that spec.

What ever happened to people being sensible or has everyone been brain washed by the yanks :D

Just dont want to keep swapping things really

Can't help thinking the same. :)

What lift are the 280 cams?

I will be using Lee's stage 3 cams...they are 9.9mm lift

Bpu cost me loads:d

People are realising there is more to a supra than 264's and a T67;)

Fair shout :D

Im not against a big power build, hell if i had the money id be on a t6 and billet 48-88.

Chris Wilson has been telling us we're too conservative with our cams, maybe with Jay, Terminator, etc doing 280's, he's gone for it :)

Monkey see monkey do. Just seems to me no one matches there cams to there actual goals these days, more like 'they make the most power ill have those'. Yes i know before you say it i am a cock :D