The mkiv Supra Owners Club

what to do with 2jzGE engine non turbo

gazzi123

This will optimise the performance, make the car feel more responsive and gain you around 10-15hp

1. Full Service.

2. 2 x New OEM Oxygen Sensors.

3. 2JZ-GE Aftermarket Exhaust

http://www.blitz-uk.co.uk/images/products/variantimages/hires/MT3280_1.jpg

4. Tubular Manifold

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/8473/p1030161sa4.jpg

5. 2nd Decat

6. Stock Airbox with Sports Panel Filter

If you really want to throw a LOT of money at the car then a full engine build with lighter parts, high comp pistons, standard alone ECU, cams, raised rev limit, etc. may get you to 250hp.

High Compression Toda 2JZ-GE Pistons

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

wow where are you getting your gearboxes from. Tripple or quadruple that price for a 6 speed mate. £2000 at best for bare box I think. Then you need clutch.

Keep on dreaming tho. We see a lot of threads like this (na tuning wise) and strangely enough never see the cars again. Wonder why

Was just thinking that.

Also your claims that a 500+ HP car wheelspins and gets no traction.

Bigger/Wider tyres help that, im sure JP/Lee/Jamesy etc etc etc dont have much issue driving theirs.

You are looking at 5k+ to do a full TT6 conversion mate (inc brakes etc) and thats without labour an using unknown quality 2nd hand parts.

Sounds like your in the same boat as me and a few other who dont want to go turbo.

i will see what i can get for 5-10k, 250-270hp is my aim, will i get there - probably not.

You are looking at 5k+ to do a full TT6 conversion mate (inc brakes etc) and thats without labour an using unknown quality 2nd hand parts.

Sounds like your in the same boat as me and a few other who dont want to go turbo.

i will see what i can get for 5-10k, 250-270hp is my aim, will i get there - probably not.

you got to be crazy if your going to spend that sort of money for only a max of 270hp.

I understand you want to do somehting different but to me that makes absolutely no sense

Meaning that its a project for the next few years but i can see myself gettin bored and moving on, dont know if its because i havnt had chance to drive the car properly this year or what, i'm just in one of those moods i think :(

I'm the same.

If you say it's £5-6k to go NA-TT then I don't see how to justify spending up to £10k to get a slightly more powerful N/A.

For me its simple really, i could go down the TT route and then have the same as everyone else, turn up to meets (yeah right) and have 'just another supra TT'.

Or spend a bit of cash on an NA and have something a bit different for people to talk about/ give me abuse over.

And no need to worry i wouldn't go to the trouble of boring you all with a project thread as i know their is no interest in NA's

I would budget 5-10k depending on how far i wanted to go or how long boredom takes to set in, i have not a clue with what i'm doing mechanical or electric wise so more than half of the budget would get taken up with labour, but thats just something i would have to put up with :(

If i dont spend money on the car i will on spend it on push bikes instead and seeing as ive spent over 50k in the last 15 years on them i think its time to do something with cars lol

For me its simple really, i could go down the TT route and then have the same as everyone else, turn up to meets (yeah right) and have 'just another supra TT'.

Or spend a bit of cash on an NA and have something a bit different for people to talk about/ give me abuse over.

And no need to worry i wouldn't go to the trouble of boring you all with a project thread as i know their is no interest in NA's

I would budget 5-10k depending on how far i wanted to go or how long boredom takes to set in, i have not a clue with what i'm doing mechanical or electric wise so more than half of the budget would get taken up with labour, but thats just something i would have to put up with :(

If i dont spend money on the car i will on spend it on push bikes instead and seeing as ive spent over 50k in the last 15 years on them i think its time to do something with cars lol

Fair enough, I'd follow a project thread for an NA just because it's different and interesting :)

At the end of the day it's your money so if you want to stay NA then no one can say it's stupid, I'm just saying I'd go TT but if I were in your shoes I may feel different :thumbs: