The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thunder Road 2010.... 24th October!

JamieP

Guest crisisjez

Good lads:)

Its not about who go's the fastest in all honesty, the trophies are just for a bit of fun.

The mile is so much easier on your car than the quarter, and how often do you get the chance to go wot in your beastys without looking over your shoulder or worrying what surprises the Postys got for you later.:blink:

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice one dude.:)

Running list.

1. JamieP................. Payment sent

2. Mark Newman

3. Suprafan72

4. Jay_nw

5. Ashbhp

6. jimmenico............ Payment sent

7. Suprahuman

8. mikeyh.................Payment sent

Spectator list

1. scottc998

Well I went through a tunnel the other day with the window down and all I got was wind noise. Didn't hear a damn thing from the car :blink: . Actually slight lie, I think I heard a slight whine of the 1st turbo. Either way was definately not loud enough for me to even concider going for this. Sorry :(

Well I went through a tunnel the other day with the window down and all I got was wind noise. Didn't hear a damn thing from the car :blink: . Actually slight lie, I think I heard a slight whine of the 1st turbo. Either way was definately not loud enough for me to even concider going for this. Sorry :(

Lost me? you need the car to be quiet for this event, your car sounds perfect.

My bad. I thought thunder road was the thing in the tunnels but obviously that the Tunnel Run. Duh. I blame the nothing to eat all day and half a pint of wine.

After reading through properly I still think I'll have to give it a skip. Sorry. The car is totaly stock and as yet I haven't even tried it in Manual mode let alone a racing start (well propper one anyway :p ). Might get back to you on a spectators pass later in teh week though.

Guest crisisjez
I still think I'll have to give it a skip. Sorry. The car is totaly stock and as yet I haven't even tried it in Manual mode let alone a racing start (well propper one anyway :p ). Might get back to you on a spectators pass later in teh week though.

A: There is no need to do a racing start over the mile, thats why we do it. Your speed will be almost exactly the same.

B; Just bought my OH a new car and even she can't wait to let rip over a mile, its the ideal place to learn about your car:)

how many cars are likely to enter this event is it usually a busy day or not much going on?

the reason i ask is there is only 17 cars entered surely theres more than that attending or am i wrong:(

About 40 last time i think, be nice to see some more cars on the list.

i take it the other members that are on the list a couple of pages back are no longer attending

I hope most of them will attend, Mark newman is going, he is just sorting a quieter exhaust.

Come on guys.

Running list.

1. JamieP................. Payment sent

2. Mark Newman

3. Suprafan72

4. Jay_nw

5. Ashbhp

6. jimmenico............ Payment sent

7. Suprahuman

8. mikeyh.................Payment sent

Spectator list

1. scottc998