The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Thunder Road 2010.... 24th October!

JamieP

• Replies 345
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crisisjez

Was nice to see all you guys there, Jamie. hope its nothing too serious but I feel your pain, my last TR cost me £14k:(

Guys it was awesome to see your cars run you are all deffo invited to the next one. (Will try for an earlier date in the year to make sure the track is more suitable for the entire day)

Stuart, top effort and what a nice car, btw after running against you Soph came in and said she wants more power:blink:

Jamie, thats a properly quick car you have there mate. A credit to you and your builder (Lee?) You'll get away from me at the start for sure but I'll be interested to see how close our cars are after the half mile mark as mine deffo charges harder than Stevies then (Having had a pax ride in his yesterday, which was awesome too)

Mile events are hard on the car but you should be able to hold the car flat out without worry IMO, if you can't do that what the point in tuning the car for more power? I knew my car was not best but I took the risk, I was already getting some smoke and running my injectors at 100% is very risky an all.

It's not the worry of the car breaking that stops me from doing these events in future, it the worry of having a very high speed crash.

Going full opposite lock at 150+ mph is not my idea of fun, the track was dangerous IMO.

Just emailed Lee a huge list of upgrades to be done to the car over winter, he is going to love me:d soon as Lee has pulled the engine the body is off to nur motorsport for various jobs.

Jamie:)

Mile events are hard on the car but you should be able to hold the car flat out without worry IMO, if you can't do that what the point in tuning the car for more power? I knew my car was not best but I took the risk, I was already getting some smoke and running my injectors at 100% is very risky an all.

It's not the worry of the car breaking that stops me from doing these events in future, it the worry of having a very high speed crash.

Going full opposite lock at 150+ mph is not my idea of fun, the track was dangerous IMO.

Just emailed Lee a huge list of upgrades to be done to the car over winter, he is going to love me:d soon as Lee has pulled the engine the body is off to nur motorsport for various jobs.

start the 3rd bit of the project with all that! cant wait. i think i know what your up to :D

Whats the plan now then or is it a secret, either way cant wait to see what you get done to it :)

Well... :D

Had a bit of a trek to Holland afterwards on Sunday evening, but the old Supra stood up well to the day's proceedings and the drive back (petrol is getting expensive though isn't it?!)

Gutted for the guys who had mechanical problems...seemed like everything went wrong on the first run?!

Thanks Jez for the invite and Jamie for the head's up on this event. I had a great day in the Supra, and everyone was extremely friendly :thumbs:

For me, it made up a bit for Suprapod being rained off, and afforded an opportunity to let off some steam along the airfield :cool:

The car was given a good stretch, and has helped to see what direction the next level of tuning should head to. Whilst I was happy with my terminal speeds, single turbo seems to be calling in the near future (not helped by Dude's persuasian tactics :D )

Highlight of the day was the beast of a Granada(!) and exchanging passenger rides with a guy running a Nissan GT-R. What an incredible machine...

Here are a few pics from the day:

Thunder Road 2010 pics

Having two grown up daughters myself kind of worries me about doing these events in not ideal conditions..... Seeing some of the fatatalities in the past on here we all have to be careful..... God I am sounding old :D

Well... :D

Had a bit of a trek to Holland afterwards on Sunday evening, but the old Supra stood up well to the day's proceedings and the drive back (petrol is getting expensive though isn't it?!)

Gutted for the guys who had mechanical problems...seemed like everything went wrong on the first run?!

Thanks Jez for the invite and Jamie for the head's up on this event. I had a great day in the Supra, and everyone was extremely friendly :thumbs:

For me, it made up a bit for Suprapod being rained off, and afforded an opportunity to let off some steam along the airfield :cool:

The car was given a good stretch, and has helped to see what direction the next level of tuning should head to. Whilst I was happy with my terminal speeds, single turbo seems to be calling in the near future (not helped by Dude's persuasian tactics :D )

Highlight of the day was the beast of a Granada(!) and exchanging passenger rides with a guy running a Nissan GT-R. What an incredible machine...

Here are a few pics from the day:

Thunder Road 2010 pics

Nice pics :thumbs:

Looked like a great day, shame that a lot of Supras decided to give up!