The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to buy a car cover?

Jamesy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just park it at Lee's mate its only a short walk from yours.

Its been there that long it proberbly think thats its home anyway.

lol :D

if there was enough space there mate id leave it there all year and go get it when i needed it - not many safer places to park in Sussex!!!

cant go wrong, covers the car very well and has hooks to go under the car, ive had it on in real windy weather and its been fine all the time, ive gone through around 3 covers and this is by far the best ive had

If it can't go wrong, then why have you gone through three?? :)

The Cover Zone one was actually tailored to fit for the Supra, a member here donated his car as the 'template' for it. I believe it had a standard spoiler, but the TRD fits without any issues. One minute, I shall find the thread...

Here we go. Ironically, in a thread you started :p

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=122047&highlight=cover+zone

For those guys with these covers (Cover Zone ones), do they rub the paintwork at all?

Or are your cars shielded from winds - like yours Jamie, seems to be almost surrounded by fencing in that pic, which may stop any winds moving the cover much?

If there has been any marking, what's it been like?

For those guys with these covers (Cover Zone ones), do they rub the paintwork at all?

Or are your cars shielded from winds - like yours Jamie, seems to be almost surrounded by fencing in that pic, which may stop any winds moving the cover much?

If there has been any marking, what's it been like?

Mine has been on my car all the time for 2 years and its never marked the paint, i had it on my red car for a year an all. paint on mine is pretty much faultless, it has straps that go under the car to keep it tight.

Mate if your serious about keeping your car clean then buy what I bought

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=195025&highlight=Carcoon+jazz

silly as it looks the things just done me so good. I wasted more money on expensive covers that still tend to make half my car dirty due to the crap weather. Meant I had to wash my car everytime I took it out, but now with this my car hardly gets washed.

Doh!! Getting some mixed reports now on this thread re the storm one!!

I like your carcoon thing mate but no way i can plonk tyat on me drive :)

i agree it looks plonk, but after a while you will get used to it and it will do the job in all conditions to keep your car clean. The storm force one will tear and still get your car dirty seeing as you have a kitted supra. I had that cover it only lasted a year, believe my words if you want to keep your car clean like it being in a garage then carcoon is the way;)

i agree it looks plonk, but after a while you will get used to it and it will do the job in all conditions to keep your car clean. The storm force one will tear and still get your car dirty seeing as you have a kitted supra. I had that cover it only lasted a year, believe my words if you want to keep your car clean like it being in a garage then carcoon is the way;)

If I had the money, I would go for one of those too. :)

I got a stormforce, had it for 3 years and still perfect.

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c338/jamie450x/etstreetradial008.jpg

Yes ive got one of these too, very good quality, dont buy cheap ones as they can cause more damage than good, ie damp etc , it has 4 layers , totally waterproof and also breathable, and made to fit, got a bargain i think , only £60 on ebay and looks like new, will be using for the first time when the car comes out from a full respray, :)