The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD Auto Gearbox Oil cooler Kit

Lee P

Pm'd

If you mount the coolers in the right place you shouldnt need a fan. Where have you put them? Also what is the car used for? If its drag racing then it might be worth it.

I have the stock cooler at the side and was going to mount the twin srd coolers right behind my intercooler. I was only thinking I need fans as im going with a 3800 stall converter and thought things might get a little hotter than usual than if I had a stock converter. But you may be able to correct me on that :)

Also its not going to be a drag car but I will most probably do some dragging with it at some point.

If you mount them on the AC rad behind the intercooler then you shouldnt need a fan as when you are moving slowly the stock fan (or elec fans) will pull air through the coolers.

I have the ac rad removed but I dont have any electrical fans just the viscous fan. Can I use a normal oil temp sensor for the trans fluid to keep a close eye on it?

I have the ac rad removed but I dont have any electrical fans just the viscous fan. Can I use a normal oil temp sensor for the trans fluid to keep a close eye on it?

Yes AEM do trans temp gauges or if you have a Syvecs just use a sensor on the hot side of the pipe work (outlet from the box)

• 3 months later...
Hey bud, is this the cooler that you stuck on Littlers car for his PAS ? If it can be used as a PAS cooler then stick me down for one and ill come by soon and give you the dollar :)

Look on this thread dude it's in the pics :)

http://mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?230453-SRD-Front-Mount-Intercooler-Kit

But he did fit 2 of the coolers in this thread for my auto box too lol

Edited by Littler (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Are these still £100 + £15 delivery? Need one for my uk spec I'm building, Will it just replace the stock gearbox cooler? (at the moment there's nothing there just two hoses leaking gearbox fluid on my garage floor) :)

thanks

• 6 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Hi yes in stock

We usually run these on their own and not use the factory cooler at all.

I

Hi Lee, are these still £100 + £15 delivery?

Need one for my new alloy rad.

Also is it possible to run the SRD cooler and the old OEM cooler from my old rad both on the new rad?

Thanks in advance!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 10 months later...