The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SRD Auto Gearbox Oil cooler Kit

Lee P

I have been thinking of getting one of these since going BPU, but have been told that it should run through the rad too as the stock config relies on the coolant temp to bring the auto fluid up to temp quicker from cold. I know I could also run it through the stock cooler in the rad but would like to use a manual rad I have seen. Is this an issue I should be worried about?

I have been thinking of getting one of these since going BPU, but have been told that it should run through the rad too as the stock config relies on the coolant temp to bring the auto fluid up to temp quicker from cold. I know I could also run it through the stock cooler in the rad but would like to use a manual rad I have seen. Is this an issue I should be worried about?

Your correct is what your saying but we have not seen any negative effects from by passing the stock exchanger. The theory is you would get harsher gear changes when the car is cold but I have not noticed any difference at all.

Edited by Lee P (see edit history)

Your correct is what your saying but we have not seen any negative effects from by passing the stock exchanger. The theory is you would get harsher gear changes with the cold fluid but I have not noticed any difference at all.

OK thanks for that Lee.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Wow, proper thread revival nearly 9 months on! I'm getting my stem seals done and a gearbox oil and filter change soon, am seriously considering one of these. Not a lot of money to add extra protection to the gearbox. If Lee or Jamesy could confirm the price etc that would be great.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
where is the srd work shop

- - - Updated - - -

i need two coolers installed in parallel

Pm'd

Thinking of getting a fan for my coolers, any recomendations Lee?

If you mount the coolers in the right place you shouldnt need a fan. Where have you put them? Also what is the car used for? If its drag racing then it might be worth it.