Im out till next year, cars dead

dude

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry to read this John, you have certainly had terrible luck with that engine. My best guess is it's dropped a valve or a valve head has come off. Something very hard has beaten the plug. You have been working like a demon on this, I know, but still found time to help me and others, you deserved a lot better :(

:(

Chuck a standard engine with a T67 strapped on in it along with a hi stall and BL box hanging off the back then go have some fun at Pod doing 10's all day long. Should get the motivation back!! :thumbs:

I have a BL box sat lying around with only a broken 2nd gear sprag.... ;)

Cheers,

Brian.

Best of luck to you Dude, seriously bad luck having lunched the engine... lets hope for a bit of good luck with the head off. Well as good as can be expected anyway.

Fortunately you are the man to fix it :)

I need to get the enthusiasm back and save some money up dude, one decent meeting would have given me some incentive but it seems like I am not destined to drive that car!!!, sounds nice in the short little video clips but I dont know how to post them.

Sorry to read this John, you have certainly had terrible luck with that engine. My best guess is it's dropped a valve or a valve head has come off. Something very hard has beaten the plug. You have been working like a demon on this, I know, but still found time to help me and others, you deserved a lot better :(

The valve and collets are still in place under the bucket so we are thinking the valve head has been knocked off.

I need to get the enthusiasm back and save some money up dude, one decent meeting would have given me some incentive but it seems like I am not destined to drive that car!!!, sounds nice in the short little video clips but I dont know how to post them.

If they are less than 20mb each you can email them to me and I'll post them up for you if you like?

I think you have the correct outlook though. You can't work so hard building a car to get into the 9's only to do it all again. You have to set your target higher so that the overall goal seems worthwhile and the previous build will appear as more of a blip. Of course it all depends on the damage though, could be a "quick" fix.

Not sure if that makes sense, it does in my head but I'm not the most articulate.

OK quick update, we will be doing suprapod and rotorstock but not sure on TOTB till I test the car, still gonna race JP but I will only be using a stock block/head and no NOS, finger hovering over the 3.4 kit as we speak;) but that will take a while to get built so thats for next year, I aim to finish off the year with the stock block so I can get used to the car, it should run 10's ok. That way if it needs any chassis mods for the hi power motor I can get them done before the season starts, aim is to win its class in the HKS series next year.:cool:

Just like to say thanks to everyone for the support/sympathy and to JP for the encouragement and the idea of sticking in a stock motor and running lower power but getting to use the car a bit.

If they are less than 20mb each you can email them to me and I'll post them up for you if you like?

I think you have the correct outlook though. You can't work so hard building a car to get into the 9's only to do it all again. You have to set your target higher so that the overall goal seems worthwhile and the previous build will appear as more of a blip. Of course it all depends on the damage though, could be a "quick" fix.

Not sure if that makes sense, it does in my head but I'm not the most articulate.

Thanks dude I think they are just over 20mb but I may be able to compress them when I get home.