The mkiv Supra Owners Club

scared to leave it!!

Rob_Mitchell

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to park my aerotop anywhere, though I would make sure that it was in the best spot I could find. At the end of the day it's a 15 year old car and yes there are idiots out there, but any car can get keyed, any car can get dinged, any car can pick up a stone chip. It happens.

I can understand buying a beater to knock about in, but if you'd rather be driving your Supra then why bother? Enjoy your cars, quit worrying about it.

Ps. Parking your car across multiple spaces will only serve to piss people off IMHO, and increase your chances of people keying your car due to thinking you're a twat.

lol..i go with 90% of the posts.. i don't use 2 spaces if it means paying double, but i seldom go places that call for that anyway..

In the free parks i use 2 spaces but also for the reason..the average space is designed for a morris minor and a soop fills the space, let alone allowing for the doors to open with a car either side!!

She is just a car..but i think in 20 years of driving Uncle Buck motors..she is my 1st with anything worth worrying about..and i just don't wanna be forking out, or worse.. claiming, to fix someone else's easily avoidable damage.

That said.. within a month of owning her..i went to an air show and ended up drivin across a stubble field to park..lol

It is just a car... just costs more than usual to fix, in my eyes :)

I wouldn't leave my Supra anywhere public to be honest, especially when there is a large group of guys around. Jealousy makes people do things they normally wouldn't do (i.e. key your car, perhaps).

Don't you leave it outside Torreto's when you go in for your Tuna sandwich (No crusts)?

I once caught some scrote-bag little kid trying the door handle on mine while she was parked up in the secure car park at my house. In fairness he was probably too young to mean any REAL harm (although, South East London - you never can tell!), but it was what prompted me to splash out quite so much on a gucci new alarm...

I used to park my aerotop anywhere, though I would make sure that it was in the best spot I could find. At the end of the day it's a 15 year old car and yes there are idiots out there, but any car can get keyed, any car can get dinged, any car can pick up a stone chip. It happens.

I can understand buying a beater to knock about in, but if you'd rather be driving your Supra then why bother? Enjoy your cars, quit worrying about it.

Ps. Parking your car across multiple spaces will only serve to piss people off IMHO, and increase your chances of people keying your car due to thinking you're a twat.

First sensible post so far. What's the point in having a car and being too scared to use it in case it gets a little scratch? Yes, I spent a few grand on decent paint, and yes, it's now covered in stone chips, but it's my daily driver, (only car, in fact) used hard and very much enjoyed.

I don't like leaving mine in a car park but sometimes I have to. If I do I always note the reg numbers of the cars next to me and when I had to park up the other day I also noted the reg number of a car thats occupants were looking at the supe. I am just paranoid but I think at least if there is a dent from parking manouvres or door opening and there is a bit of paint transfer I would have somewhere to start looking.

I live in a flat which has a 5 allocated parking spaces, in off road car park

I looked out of the window the other day to check my car, as I do as habit every few hours (OCD); I spotted a child, about 6 years old, using the bonnet as a means of climbing the fence that it is parked in front

I was fuming, but what can you do!? I noticed that he had'nt used the bonnet of the clapped out peugeot as a stepping stone - little sh*t!

My car is now parked a good 3 feet away from the fence in question

In the very same car park is the enclosure for the bins; one of my neighbours put a sofa out for the council to collect. I came home the other day to find that the sofas had been taken, but a dent had been left in driver side rear quater. A right angled dent, a little like the kind you would get from the foot of a sofa

...again, fuming

Edited by pezzler (see edit history)

What have you done parking wise before this post was it not a problem then.

You should park it in Slovenia's goal totally safe there England won't hit it.

it stays in the garage dude looking shiney, i just wanted to know peoples opinions really and if they get nervous leaving it for long hours.... so get off my case lol ;) only joking

it stays in the garage dude looking shiney, i just wanted to know peoples opinions really and if they get nervous leaving it for long hours.... so get off my case lol ;) only joking

Mine's parked on the street 24/7. It's just a car. You either have a showpiece which you keep locked away and only bring out for shows or you stop worrying and have a car which you can drive and enjoy. Up to you, you can't have both.

Mine's parked on the street 24/7. It's just a car. You either have a showpiece which you keep locked away and only bring out for shows or you stop worrying and have a car which you can drive and enjoy. Up to you, you can't have both.

why cant you have both? why is there always going to be some jealous chav looking to key it up? should be able to park it anywhere i want and know its safe but its just not the case is it

I have already been pranged. I usually take up two spaces now. Hate 4x4 idiots

Does anyone else hate it when you are in a multistory or other car park, you put on your right indicator and then pull left, as if yo reverse into the bay on the right, but the idiot behind is so close to you and you get stuck. I got out an fumed at a lady driver once because had been up my ass all the way through the car park!!!! She was not impressed

Also, is it just me or does a Supra invoke people's desire to drive up close to you all the time. I maybe didn't notice it before but now I do. I like to slow down to something like 20, keep it in first gear and then when they try to pass, accelerate away. Serves them right

/rant off