The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Gutted :( :( :(

Leroybarry

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There has been a good point raised in this thread - how do you know it is NOT a TT? :D

Post an engine bay picture.

Sellers will try lots of tricks to get rid of stuff, but let's give the guy a break to some extent. If you buy stuff from Ebay or any internet site, you are buying unseen. Plenty have had problems with this, even on this site. Admittedly, a whole car is a pretty big thing to get wrong though.

BTW how is Supra spelled on your car? Are you sure it is not spelled with a C and ends with ELICA?

Is it even a mk4?

Must be some way of you contacting the seller, Is his name/address on the log book still? If only you typed "Toyota Supra" In wikipedia or joined and asked questions on this site you would not have has this problem. I would look at it as a lession you learnt the hard way.

5k would get you a mint N/A or a Dog of a TT (Maybe even veilside kitted lol)

Within 24hrs, I think we've found our "2010 - Boot-release award for services to mkivsupra.net" :D

glad thats caught on :D

It happens - I married my wife thinking she was a wonderful, warm-hearted lady - only to find out later that she was the spawn of Satan.

:rlol:

We all take the piss of each other so don't take this personal. Hope the guy that sold you the car gets his desserts. :D

no. we all take the piss out of you Ed :D

To be fair you wont find a good TT for 5k...

why not? i did. and that was over 3 years ago. ok so it was more like £5,500ish but still. theres deals out there, just gotta be lucky. and a tad sensible...

I actually heard of a story from a vet friend of mine.. some one had brought a rottweiler puppy for £1k, brought it to the vets a month later as he was concerned it wasn't growing...

... it was a guinea pig. True story.

Yeah that's a shit story mate, I sure you know now to do a bit of research though...

I actually heard of a story from a vet friend of mine.. some one had brought a rottweiler puppy for £1k, brought it to the vets a month later as he was concerned it wasn't growing...

... it was a guinea pig. True story.

Yeah that's a shit story mate, I sure you know now to do a bit of research though...

hahahahhaha... that's it...no.. wait.....hahahahahaha

Taking the OP's story at face value: I can't believe some of the comments on this thread, especially one sugesting that it's somehow the OP's fault. Jeez. That's exactly the sort of justification the rip-off seller would use.

To me, that's like saying that people who use vitamin supplements deserve to get cancer, because they fell for all the marketing bullshit and didn't check out the major scientific studies. No, they don't deserve it, because gullibility and ignorance aren't crimes.*

As for comments about opening up the bonnet, that's just bollocks. What percentage of people driving turbo cars do you think could point to the turbo? If you think it's 'the majority', then you're confusing car forums with the rest of the world. An ageing car in an increasingly affordable price range....there's no more reason that someone would research a Supra than any other sort of car. Again, not everyone does that.

* Writing 'fort' for 'thought' is a crime, however. Fort-crime.