The mkiv Supra Owners Club

How Long Are You Going To Keep Your Supra?

a98pmalcolm

So... Whats the Gut Feeling?  

109 members have voted

1. 1. So... Whats the Gut Feeling?

• Sold It Already
    • Its Up For Sale Now
    • Thinking Of Selling It Soon
    • 1 Year
    • 2 Years
    • + 3 Years
    • Its Never Even Entered My Mind
    • Intend to Keep It Forever
    • I Dont own A Supra But want To

I intend to keep mine for as long as i possibly can!

I'm in a low pay job, but I allways wanted a supra since I was a kid. Seeing fuel prices rise prompted me to sell my reasonably ecnomical starlet Glanza to buy a supe with the intention of keeping it for as long as I can afford to run the thing!

When buying it I was more than prepared to have to sell up even after just 6 months... I'm just happy to be able to say I owned One of the car that I always wanted!!

as for the next car, well i'm going to be looking into getting a better job, but it will involve some mileage, so if it comes down to the move, it'll be either another Glanza v, a dc2 teg type r, or a hawkeye civic type r.

But 6 months into supra ownership, I'm very happy with her, my only gripe is finding cash to put fuel in the tank!! Lol

Edited by Scutch0 (see edit history)

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Suprastar2009

Dont ever want to sell her, its my dream car and I have lots of plans for it so plenty of time left for me and mine yet :D

I couldn't sell it.

Firstly, it's not finished :p

Secondly, I've invested a bit of money in it that I'd never get back.

Thirdly, there's very little out there that compares (aesthetics, performance, comfort) for the same price.

Lastly, I have an Aristo now for touring and daily-driving.. meaning the Supe will get the best of everything even more.

Comparatively for a Supra probably be looking at £80K now. Base on average earnings index of 1993 and 2010.

I have thought of selling, usually when I am away from home. I only need to see the car on my return and all thoughts of selling vanish. I rather break it than sell it. The market for such heavily modified cars does not exist in the UK. I don't think many potential buyers have much idea about how much thought time and effort goes into getting a genuine super car beating machine. Most expect to pay peanuts for it. Coming up to 10 years of ownership and still got plans to make it faster.

Edited by Terminator (see edit history)

I have had mine for 5 years and never want to get rid of it however... i keep looking at the Noble M12 GTO 3r, in fact i am looking at one tomorrow (well today now)!!

Idealy i would still keep the supra and have a Noble as well, however i dont think the missus would want me to have two "weekend cars" and a daily driver on top, although i could give the supra to the missus and get her to sell her MR2 turbo..... hmmmm.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

I want to keep her forever! :love:

Even though I'm being made redundant next month :(

I'll sell everything in the house before I end my love affair with my new Supra!

Totally agree with you, i have told my daughters everything else goes first if we run out of money. I am happy to live in a shed along with my supra :p

Sorry to hear you are being made redundant, same happen to me last year but after a short well earned break I did find another job. Good luck :)

Toying with selling my blackwidow soon after 7 years of ownership and getting myself one of the following:

Aston Martin DB9

Porsche 997 C2S

Audi R8 (assuming I manage to rob a bank).

After you have sold your supra and got one of the above can I be your best mate ;)

I am selling mine soon but I now can't decide what to replace her with. I had a guy the other day offering to take her off my hands. At that point I felt really wierd. I hardly drive her these days but I kind of like looking at it sat on my drive, maybe I'll keep her just to keep the neighbours jealous......:D

H.

I'll be a Supra owner until I can (properly) afford an Aston V8.

The Aston is the only other car I've driven that gives me the same mix of aesthetic and emotional pleasure the Supra does now.

Ive owned this one seven years, and the previous MkIV TT almost three years, and I still get a kick from driving it. Its a hard act to beat even now, even after driving a lot of similar two door RWD sports coupes. Maybe next summer, if all Ardua no Astra changes to done the Ardua now some Astra.