1. 1. Which lip

• Full ear
    • No ear
    • Small ear

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My new lip turned up today, massive thanks to Dusty, I am really impressed with it. It looks like a Wings West original (I thought it was an MVP copy), well it has Wings West moulded into the lip anyway :)

The rubber is very thick & looks like it's going to stand upto a hell of a lot of abuse.

It is a lot better made than the Seibon copy carbon I have. The edges where it attaches to the bumper are a lot better & bigger. It also has an edge so that de-earing it is very easy.

Will get pics when I get home

Lol, home now,

When I picked it up, it wasn't in a long box, it was square, I originally thought Dusty had sent the wrong thing, when I opened it, it is so flexible it was rolled up.

Just got it stretched out at the mo, it's almost back in shape now really.

You can see in the pics the bit that keeps running round so when you chop the ears off you can still attach the bumper at the edge, the seibon CF one didn't have that. Also the tabs where you attach the bumper are a lot larger, a complaint I had about the seibon one.

I have a bumper to collect in the NE this weekend from Sprag5 for free :D (cheers mate) so may have it on in silver for the weekend.

attachment.php?attachmentid=112664&stc=1&d=1277230395

attachment.php?attachmentid=112665&stc=1&d=1277230395

IMG_5386.jpg

IMG_5387.JPG

Hey Carl, the lip was £250 inc shipping with £35 to pay on arrival customs & PF charges. Lol, yeah it will be bolted on using the original metal strips, not sure why they put the tape on :D

Cheers Scott bud, I hoping to get a respary before i put any more pics up, just hope I can get it done before SupraPod

Massive thanks to Sprag5 for the free front bumper & Paul Woods for giving it a lick of paint at such short notice.

The car is dirty as hell so I HDRd the hell outa the pics, i will get some better ones at the weekend when the car has had a wash.

I'm really pleased with the outcome, the bodykit guys might think it is a step backward looks wise, but for me the car is perfect now.

The lip needed to be modified to fit due to the ear being cut off, and some of my trimming work could do with a little tidying up if I wanted it perfect, but it'll do for now,

Comments welcome :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=112980&stc=1&d=1277846008

attachment.php?attachmentid=112981&stc=1&d=1277846008

attachment.php?attachmentid=112982&stc=1&d=1277846008

IMG_5470_68_69.jpg

IMG_5467_5_6.jpg

IMG_5488_6_7.jpg

Full ear would have been a hell of a lot easier I tell ya, it's a pain to cut it's so strong & thick :D

Looks like I'll be keeping my other lip anyway, getting no interest in it, & I ain't letting it go for silly money, might get it sprayed when I get the car done & have an ear & no-ear bumper for when the mood takes me :D