RMM Lip, cut or not

jevansio

Which lip  

96 members have voted

1. 1. Which lip

• Full ear
    • No ear
    • Small ear

Me to, its expensive, dosent even look all that great, seriously, and being a lower lip it will take damage, which will end up being painted, more than likely. So will just cost more. Get a fibreglass one ( cheap!! ) and paint it black ( cheap!! ) and if it gets damaged it will be easy to repair ( cheap!! )...also looks better than cf, especially on a black car.:)

I don't think he's doing it on the cheap or money is the issue here.

I like no ears from the front but small ears from the side.

But if I had to pick one I'd go for no ears.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was initially going to leave it rubber, it matches the rubber along the rest of the oem bodywork, I may get it sprayed later, maybe if it starts looking a bit shabby or I get bored

Since taking the diffuser off the rear end seems uncluttered so I might get another TRD spoiler (as I quite liked that), it'll be full fibreglass & be painted all black though (not even a carbon blade)

Edited by jevansio (see edit history)

No "ears" - looks much cleaner and flowing with stock lines.

I'm half with you regarding carbon parts - I don't like carbon splitters and diffusers simply because they will get damaged too easily with road driving. All bets are off if it's a track car though :p

I was initially going to leave it rubber, it matches the rubber along the rest of the oem bodywork, I may get it sprayed later, maybe if it starts looking a bit shabby or I get bored

Since taking the diffuser off the rear end seems uncluttered so I might get another TRD spoiler (as I quite liked that), it'll be full fibreglass & be painted all black though (not even a carbon blade)

Jay, I've got 2 TRD spoilers at mine - one was for the MR2, but they're pretty much identical :)

Jay, I've got 2 TRD spoilers at mine - one was for the MR2, but they're pretty much identical :)

Might have to purchase one off ya bud, not yet, I want it back together 1st, it's looking rather sorry for itself with no spoiler, I think this lot is going to bring the respray forward as the diffuser side pieces have left marks on the bodywork where they were attached

I like it with 'ears', I dont think the pictures are 'ears on' friendly at the start of the thread due to the strong line on the edge of them created by a light source.

However I have been doing a fair bit of supraforums surfing recently and looking though pictures on there I am liking the 'no ears' look more and more.....

'No ears' look great in this picture....

Might have to purchase one off ya bud, not yet, I want it back together 1st, it's looking rather sorry for itself with no spoiler, I think this lot is going to bring the respray forward as the diffuser side pieces have left marks on the bodywork where they were attached

the respray has been coming for a year! :)

You can have it matey - it's just sat in the garage. Just sort me out on whatever you're selling next ;)

the respray has been coming for a year! :)

You can have it matey - it's just sat in the garage. Just sort me out on whatever you're selling next ;)

Actually, I just photoshopped the stock spoiler back on & I think I'm going to skip on the TRD. It is one of the things that makes the car too fussy at the rear. I'm going total stock :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=112097&stc=1&d=1276361287

IMG_5278_79_80_no_ear_stock_spoiler.jpg

Aye, til you get fed up and decide to VS kit it in a year or two Jay lol :)

The rmm is magic, my preference would be no ears, it'll look great when it's done bud. The only other lip I like is the Amuse but they're not cheap and hard to find.

If you don't mind me asking, where did you purchase the new lip J?

Was it local or the States?

As for cutting the ears, I honestly don't know, I think it will depend on the individual car it is being fitted to. No ears is very subtle which may suit the new look of your car.

If I ever get one I think I'd leave the ears on but that would be down having a secure quick release set-up on it for getting on and off the trailer.

Hi Pedro, I got it from Dusty, in stock & ready to ship as soon as payed :)

I'm pretty sure I'm going no ears, the poll confirmed it TBH, I agree the cleaner look will suit the no frills look I'm going for now

Cheers for the confirmation buddy, I had a feeling it was from across the big pond.

I'm sure whatever you do to the lip it'll still look the business. :cool: