The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Some bad news regarding Toyota's parts situation for MKIV TTs

Chris Wilson

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1800 euros EACH!! :faint:

So unless your housings are cracked, it seems bonkers even if the seals do fail earlier in refurbed turbos......you could refurb them twice over and still have change.

We digress though, I think the point here is that Toyota are about to lower support for arguably their best flagship car ever made. It's probably just the turbos to start with......but what's next on the list.?

I hope you typed that quietly :) I have a customer on 300,000 on stock and unfettled UK turbos. They smoke a bit, but still usable. Engine is unopened and stock, still runs and sounds great.

I think sometimes luck is with you sometimes it isn't, my 1st uk spec blew the 2nd turbo at 2 1/2 years old with 45,000 miles on the clock, completely stock car, no silly induction kits etc

I've just priced the UK spec turbo's up and full retail here is £3787.10 inc vat

+ £230 inc vat surcharge on each turbo if you dont exchange your old units.

My supplier here says he can still get them but didnt know for how long and hadn't heard any news on them being phased out

While I support the sentiment, I don't think Toyota will be in a position to do what is requested. I suspect this will be a decision from the top as Toyota have had a disastrous time with massive global recalls and impending law suits related to fatal accidents. I expect the global stock of Toyota parts will diminish as they try to decrease their assets tied up in stock. For a car as old as the supra it will be a huge ask to get them to change policy.

Edited by Terminator (see edit history)

As the cars age its not surprising that Toyota will stop supplying parts - to be fair how many people will simply buy new parts like door panels etc ? and the jspec cars were for the Japan market!! the cars are now in the cheapy end of the market,the insurance companies more likely to scrap than repair .

Which leads to the question are the premiums going to drop ?

On the plus side there could be huge clearance sales of new old stock - complete interior £400?:innocent:

Guest SupraGTE
If anyone gets stuck I can probably still get them from Toyota Japan, provided they still have stock.

they dont have stock at TMC of UK/euro spec turbos:( my are on back order from the supplier, and leadtime is unknow :(

to all : the japspec are probably in stock as they are made allot later,dont know but can check

had at home at maximum 9 pair of jspec 4 pair of UK/euro spec turbos 2 of 4 UK/euro was ceramic blades and a friend in toyota japan (tmc) is trying to find out why some Uk/euro spec came with ceramic chaft

yeah all pairs was cracked :(

Edited by SupraGTE (see edit history)

they dont have stock at TMC of UK/euro spec turbos:( my are on back order from the supplier, and leadtime is unknow :(

to all : the japspec are probably in stock as they are made allot later,dont know but can check

had at home at maximum 9 pair of jspec 4 pair of UK/euro spec turbos 2 of 4 UK/euro was ceramic blades and a friend in toyota japan (tmc) is trying to find out why some Uk/euro spec came with ceramic chaft

yeah all pairs was cracked :(

Hmmm :innocent:

Guest SupraGTE
Should of got a na.

:p

yeah i feel the same:) getting a c6 engine and drop it in is getting more and more tempting :)