The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Generally which is considered best...

jackso11

What is your preference  

96 members have voted

1. 1. What is your preference

• Facelift supra
    • Pre-facelift supra

If we are talking Supra's in general, then I prefer the look of the facelift cars. However, I am a UK spec car man myself and have always found the UK to look the most appealing to me personally provided its not been chav'd up and left stock bodywork wise at least.

Edited by DSK (see edit history)

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Brian Mallon
Only the ABS change, though that was also present on the UK model (Yaw controlled ABS braking). VVTi is a whole different matter, but that's not facelift specific.

Jay, what are the B-pillar mods you mention? They do not appear on the Toyota catalogue. As you have a hardtop I doubt it's the same the B-pillar mod the aero's have... Very interested in your feedback as Toyota don't document the change.

Toyota adapted the Supra’s chassis to the new Japanese crash-standard “GOA”. These vehicles can be identified by their modelcode “GF-JZA80″ instead of “E-JZA80″.

strange, this poll was pretty much neck and neck until it was pointed out that mechanically the pre-facelift is superior....then the facelift jumped ahead!

Seems people go for looks rather than the mechanics behind it. Strange!

Dont think its as clear cut as that.

In regards to spec - you can see that Homer has pointed out why in quite a few respects a prefacelift is highly spec'd over facelift

Facelift gives you REAR, better ABS over a prefacelift - so there are pros and cons for each.

think most people would naturally prefer the newer car and hence are voting accordingly without necessarily reading the question that has been asked ;)

Toyota adapted the Supra’s chassis to the new Japanese crash-standard “GOA”. These vehicles can be identified by their modelcode “GF-JZA80″ instead of “E-JZA80″.

This website shows that cars beyond Aug 99 have the revised chassis (doesnt tell you what was revised).....so not all facelift.

http://mkiv.supras.org.nz/specs.htm

And from here

"In August 1999 Toyota adapted the Supra’s chassis to the new Japanese crash-standard “GOA”. These vehicles can be identified by their modelcode “GF-JZA80″ instead of “E-JZA80″. "

More on GOA

Finally - something new in this thread :) - thanks Brian.

Edited by imi (see edit history)

How 80 odd posts can be made discussing trivial detail differences is beyond me. The best one is the one with least rust and in the best overall condition :) People get hung up on mileage, too, had a supposed 32,000 KILOMETRE car here a couple of years back, bought at vast expense on the strength of the odometer reading. The fact it had been rattled hard down what looked to be a motorway Armco in Japan seemed to escape the purchaser :)

ought at vast expense on the strength of the odometer reading. The fact it had been rattled hard down what looked to be a motorway Armco in Japan seemed to escape the purchaser :)

only if someone could dig out those youtube videos :p