Southcoast Run Part II - Sunday 25th April

Fitz

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

wow!!! you guys are gonna be popular tomorrow..... lunch at goodwood.....goodwood is hosting a greenpower day....will be lots of eco-warriors etc. there!!! might pop in just to see their faces....a couple of dozen gas guzzling supras' pulling in....could be entertaining!!!!

Its ok. When we get there, I will just cover the car in giant panda fur. that will keep everyone calm.

Shit, just got up to find its been raining here In the Portsmouth area, I've just checked the weather and it should be ok for the rest of the day, typical though isn't it, three weeks of great sun then it has to rian last night.

Question is, do I bother to dry it and hope the roads dry up, or have a big fry up for brekie.

See you in a few hours.

Bob.

Im at AFR all day if anyone wants to stop, the gate will appear shut but push and it opens, the side door next to the large garage door is open. If my black range rover is there so am I!!!!!:search:

Dont think I will be heading up that far, but first time i have checked the AFR website/ really nice :)

Keeping an eye on the weather and just remembered i need some new wiper blades. think i best get my stuff together.

I think the route worked pretty well.

Leaving out Brighton was a good move as we could have easily spent close on an hour sitting in traffic just trying to get through, plus it meant we weren't rushed trying to get to our other destinations.

I liked the final stop in Gosport, plenty of parking, nice cafe and views.

Anybody got any views or comments on the route?

I like to see how people find the route in case we decide to use some or all of it again.

In particular the end point near Gosport but also Goodwood and any other bits you made it to.

The route was rather nice, lots of open road for videos and picture taking although the way we went incorporated a fair few roundabouts, not too convenient for convoys as people do ten to get left behind.

Goodwood was a nice stopping point, gave us a chance to sit back and welcome all the people who joined along the way and also have a break.

The end part by the sea in Gosport was great, lots of parking available and great scenery. Myself and a few others grabbed a bite to eat in the cafe, which was reasonably priced. It would have to be a nice day out to make the most of Gosport though.

Guest Budz86

I thought the route was a good one. Plenty of different road types, although as Fitz said, there were lot's of roundabouts on the A27 round Chichester I think which made it difficult to stay together.

The final stop in Stoke Bay was a good choice. Plenty of parking and right by the sea.

Route was good - a decent mix of roads and decent car parks at all the stopping places.

The car park at Gosport felt like it was a fair way off the main roads, but it was a good size, excellent views and the cafe is handy to have.

All in all I'd happily repeat that route or use some of it in a future meet.