The mkiv Supra Owners Club

faints at the price of petrol

Branners

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/news/5065241.Bournemouth_fuel_prices_hit_record_high/

Seems Bournemouth is leading the way nearly with fuel price increases already :(

Trying to remember the price of fuel back when strikes were triggered, I'm sure it's at about that again now.

Glad I can take a bus to work currently and we now have a diesel car as well as the Supra!

Apparently its nothing to do with the cost of crude per barrel but the refineing costs.

Whichever way you look at it we're screwed as usual :(

Great business where they simply pass on their costs onto the customer while maintaining their record profits + paying off the Govt too - and there is nothing we are prepared to do about it....

tough.

I love how petrol prices remain at $80 a barrell but petrol prices increase. It's not like we are not paying enough tax on the petrol and that it needs to be increased? I am lucky that my line of work does not require me to drive my car or rely on it. Imagine all the low fixed paid workers which spend money on petrol for their livehoods.

I think we guys on the MKIV (MK1V) Club can come to a solution? Right blockades won't work and getting everyone to use one type of petrol station won't work as it is the government which is laying the increase.

We could do a huge march and I mean huge... so big that people all over the world join us (Okay maybe not that huge) but enough to tell the government we have had enough. We are sick and tired of them pretending to give with one hand & taking with the other.

Sorry rant over.

2M people against the Iraq invasion - did the Govt blink? no. They had set their minds set to invade a country and went ahead without following their own democratic process.

As to the fuel saga - only way is to boycott vehicles completely once or twice a week (do it london wide for a start and notice the difference).

imi

Edited by imi (see edit history)

I had to fill up a Dodge Ram SRT-10 last week, (8.3 litre V10)... No idea how much it should have taken, the pump cut out at 100 litres and the petrol station attendant wouldn't re-start it for me!

Fuel gauge was still only showing 3/4's of a tank after putting in £121!... Oh, and it averages 10.5mpg if you're being sensible :D

I had to fill up a Dodge Ram SRT-10 last week, (8.3 litre V10)... No idea how much it should have taken, the pump cut out at 100 litres and the petrol station attendant wouldn't re-start it for me!

Fuel gauge was still only showing 3/4's of a tank after putting in £121!... Oh, and it averages 10.5mpg if you're being sensible :D

LMAO we should stop bitching

[monty burns voice] eeeexcellent![/monty burns voice]

I know how it feels. Im not sure how to convert it from over here but my 5.4 ltr v8 averages about 14ltr/100km but I have seen 68.8ltr/100km! thought I should back off at that stage! :eyebrows: A normal car does around 8ltr/100km