The mkiv Supra Owners Club

faints at the price of petrol

Branners

But your theory falls down in one particular area -

Sandwiches.

I prefer the BP ones, so could be difficult to coordinate/persuade. Some (I've heard this on the grapevive) prefer Tesco.

So what now?

My humblest apologies Lbm

But Shell's egg and bacon triple is the best petro station sandwich ever created. Even for vegetarians. I guess you haven't seen the light of your ways yet.

That and they do vmax.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My humblest apologies Lbm

But Shell's egg and bacon triple is the best petro station sandwich ever created. Even for vegetarians. I guess you haven't seen the light of your ways yet.

That and they do vmax.

I am aware of the sandwich. An excellent choice. And yes, I would actually pull into Shell for that one. But only on special occasions, otherwise the magic of the eggybacon triple would wear off all too soon :)

Vmax. Is that some kind of Pepsi beverage thing? :D

I find myself filling up with Tesco 99 Unleaded. Its the cheapest decent petrol I can find around here :(

On a side note, why are the prices still increasing? It's not like we don't have enough petrol. My mate who works in the oil industry is having a laugh. He is receiving pay rises and promotions and also free training in the States just recently. I think I am gonna switch career soon :p

Just in this short thread how may people have complaned about the price of fuel , if the hole country did this we could get it down .

They tried this 8 or 9 years ago. Refinery blockades, the works, remember. As soon as the government said "What if your poor mum needed an ambulance?" everyone gave up. This is britain, you should be used to being ripped off by now.

Beyond a joke really.

I learnt today, following a column in The Sun, that we would actually have the cheapest fuel in Europe IF tax and duty didn't exist. So the cheapest fuel is hit with the greatest level of tax and duty.

Welcome to Britain. Please close the door on the way out...

For everyone:

This link shows (scroll down to see comparison table) that UK prices are the cheapest with tax and duty at just 41p but the highest after with £1.16.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/money/2893820/Freeze-fuel-tax-or-20000-jobs-go.html

very clever list of select countrys! As i know we arent the highest I thought it was somewhere like Denmark or something

I love how petrol prices remain at $80 a barrell but petrol prices increase. It's not like we are not paying enough tax on the petrol and that it needs to be increased? I am lucky that my line of work does not require me to drive my car or rely on it. Imagine all the low fixed paid workers which spend money on petrol for their livehoods.

I think we guys on the MKIV (MK1V) Club can come to a solution? Right blockades won't work and getting everyone to use one type of petrol station won't work as it is the government which is laying the increase.

We could do a huge march and I mean huge... so big that people all over the world join us (Okay maybe not that huge) but enough to tell the government we have had enough. We are sick and tired of them pretending to give with one hand & taking with the other.

Sorry rant over.

I love how petrol prices remain at $80 a barrell but petrol prices increase. It's not like we are not paying enough tax on the petrol and that it needs to be increased? I am lucky that my line of work does not require me to drive my car or rely on it. Imagine all the low fixed paid workers which spend money on petrol for their livehoods.

I think we guys on the MKIV (MK1V) Club can come to a solution? Right blockades won't work and getting everyone to use one type of petrol station won't work as it is the government which is laying the increase.

We could do a huge march and I mean huge... so big that people all over the world join us (Okay maybe not that huge) but enough to tell the government we have had enough. We are sick and tired of them pretending to give with one hand & taking with the other.

Sorry rant over.

Good luck with that. It's been talked about umpteen times before but it appears that no-one really cares enough to give up their time or drive to London or do anything other than moan about it on forums.