Garage Whifbitz Supra 765bhp at the wheels

Paul Whiffin

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nicely done mate! :eyebrows::cool:

Good to have a starting point as you say and that mid-range area was a good find as with the tweak to the ignition timing, should help get more out of it this season!!

Going to be mighty impressive once the twin wastegate setup and the Bullseye are on there and setup properly I reckon!

Especially with 2.0bar and race fuel as you say! :blink::eyebrows:

Keep up the good work!!

Pete :)

880hp @ 1.35 bar sounds a little high to me.

I dont mean to be sceptical, but are you sure that's 765hp at the wheels? 765hp at the crank at 1,35 bar is still high, but more believable.

Does this dyno measure the tyres loss as well as it's connected to the hubs?

Great result Paul and at only 1.35 bar haha, awesome. What bar is that turbo rated to.

I know Paul's is a higher spec than mine, but it's only really just getting into it's efficiency island at that power. It'll be happy around 1.8bar IIRC and will run up to 2.3 bar without dropping too much efficiency.

880hp @ 1.35 bar sounds a little high to me.

I dont mean to be sceptical, but are you sure that's 765hp at the wheels? 765hp at the crank at 1,35 bar is still high, but more believable.

Does this dyno measure the tyres loss as well as it's connected to the hubs?

765 at the rear hubs, rear wheels, whatever you want to call it. Fully sorted engine/big turbo = this. Doesn't really bother me anyway, I'm not after a big power figure, if I wanted that I would just bolt a bigger turbo on it and wack the boost up.

Nice result Paul, as long as you keep to the same Dyno should get some good comparison tests, with the bigger spec turbo's a hub dyno is really the only way to go, personally I prefer the rototest but Hub Dyno's are a much more accurate way of dynoing ++++ you don't destroy soft tyres like R888's.