The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Turbo lag, is it such a big deal?

JamieP

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah GT47 is T6, that would be one bonus of going with the GTX45 is that its still T4, just dont want to buy it and change again because its to small.

I'd read the compressor maps and overlay them see where your projected power band is going to be. If I were you, I'd think where you want to start making boost and then match the turbo closest to it.

EDIT: If the GTX45 is too small, could you not move it into the orange one?

Edited by johnny g (see edit history)

I'd read the compressor maps and overlay them see where your projected power band is going to be. If I were you, I'd think where you want to start making boost and then match the turbo closest to it.

EDIT: If the GTX45 is too small, could you not move it into the orange one?

you mean mine? lol thanks :cool:

Or just buy a race car and be done with it ;) I have to admire Jamie's open wallet approach to Supra ownership though, I would dread to think what his habit is costing him! :)

Indeed. Living vicariously through him is saving my wallet no end of damage:d

• 1 month later...
Bringing back an old thread, now im on the air cooled DBB billet 76mm i still want more power.

Having a play on my private track the weekend i am making .5bar at 3200rpm in 6th gear and hits full 2 bar boost at 3700rpm.

Still have great spool time, even in first gear i can make 2bar and with my 8200rpm rev limit i have a huge power band and im willing to lose some of that for more power.

Turbo suggestions?:)

Jamie is this still on pump fuel (98ron)? and what is the closest garrett equivalent turbo to your 76mm?