The mkiv Supra Owners Club

V8 Mr2

Guest Woodsport

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Woodsport

Chris that lift actually lets you work on brakes etc at proper working height, for anything else you can easily get underneath, i find it extremely useful and it's mobile too, although you are strictly correct in saying it is not rated for working on... they are designed for moving a car around at that height, which to me is scarier!

I much prefer "samson" and "goliath", our two workshop lifts...

The mobile one just gives us the freedom to lift another car up anywhere in the workshop, infinitely useful.

Now that's a feat an a half! If you can cram an engine that size into a car the size of a mk1 mr2, what could be put into a supra... (as well as a v12 ofc) :D

I know your a big hit on the mr2 forum, my mr2 owning friend is a great admirer of your works and is always talking about the work you have done to various mr2's :D

Guest Woodsport

Hey thanks, we do like to push the boundaries a bit with what can be done on these cars, sometimes it works out, sometimes not. My first v8 Mk1 attempt failed, that was a transverse mounted 1uz-fe which i've still got laying around somewhere.

Guest Woodsport

Axle, get to bed :)

The mk1 is the hardest of the 3 marques to do this conversion to, so Mk2's are a little easier with there being more space in the bay length wise.

• 7 months later...

Just thought I'd update this for those that are interested, went down Pauls this afternoon to witness the first ever test drive of the V8 MR2 :D

My commentary on proceedings:

OTvvg_8gOyw

Not the greatest video, but groundbreaking non the less

5PRmTxEA6GU