First experience of driving the Supra in the snow

foggy147

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Took me 15 minutes to get out of the car park this morning as the snow was so bad. Had to take the traction control off too as it just wasnt going anywhere and be careful on the right foot. Back end kicked out a few times too which was a bit scary.

Then had to park in the work car park which was full of snow too. Because my car is low down it was like a snow plough lol

Im off to the trafford centre now to get the xmas shopping done, god help me!!going to be packed, just prepared the Supra ready for action lol. Wish me luck guys and if anyone sees a blue sup facing the wrong way be sure to come give me a hand!

I thought about the TC today but the snow has given me a great excuse not to go! Best of luck (with the shopping, you'll be fine in the snow!) :D

Why do you climb in through the boot?

the door locks freeze over at the slightest mention of it being cold.

10 mph!! Was your car broken? Weren't you embarrassed when some old git on a sit-up and beg treader over took you - ON THE OUTSIDE. :p

about as fast as i fancied trying.. new estate, narrow roads, people parked up, back end all over the place.

I've managed to fluke this I think. We've had about 3 inches of snow overnight but I had today booked off! And I managed to get my car on the drive last night so no danger of some other idiot clipping it :)

Fingers crossed for Monday, if it's like this again looks like I'll be at home again

Got back from Galway last night had to bring the car back to london from luton. To say that I am surprised that I got back home safely would be an understatement.

Driving the car on non-gritted 10inch snow covered roads is not fun at all, the grip levels were minimal sometimes non-existent and I managed to get out of luton safely by pure luck.

As long as I can keep moving forward it's ok, it's when you get to the end of a road, slow down and slide into the curb and cannot get out, that's when it's really crap.

Couldnt agree more......amazing how slow you are forced to drive and even then its russian roulette.

When the roads are properly gritted (london) there is no issue whatsoever, you do still have to drive to the conditions

mind you, the lorry drivers were driving like nutters with no regards to anyone else on the road.....bunch of tosspots.... :(

At the start of the year I drove the supe from bury st edmunds to keogh barracks for a course, when the snow hit.:(

I couldnt get the poor bugger over a small hump bridge so I had to push it against a curb and leave it there, I walked the last mile or 2 in ha ha:d

the trip down was shocking, at any oppertunity the arse end was out at my side trying to go in to the barriers, so much so that a fire engine stopped and watched me try and ebb down a slip road. crazy. They found it funny though:search:

stay safe all.

have a good white crimbo.

Had fun in my N/A auto today, bit scary for people behind though im sure as the back end was all over the place. Skid pan training came into its own at the junctions.

A lot easier this morning when it was still fresh, thats some very hard ice out there now. If you are in an Auto wait for the engine to warm up before moving as the choke can make small manouvers very tricky.

18122009064.jpg