The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First experience of driving the Supra in the snow

foggy147

I had fun driving into my work car park where it wasn't gritted [sHOCK][/sHOCK]

Was completely empty with no trees or anything to hit, so i thought id give myself a bit of free skid pan training ;) loved it soo much, even had my boss out is his zafira doing 2mph 180's haha

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, I too have problems in the Snow.

Firstly, the door locks freeze when someone even speaks about cold weather. Secondly, could i hell get the windscreen clear even with a scraper and silo of antifreeze. thirdly, and worst of all, i have NO HEATING!! therefore i had to use a little ceramic fan to try to clkear the inside. My body heat would have done a beeter job if i'd lay naked on the dashboard!! Plus i think the fan knocked off the Cigar lighter fuse (checked it and it was ok, took it out and put it back in and it started working Fine again??)

Then there was the Driving. I was quite literally using "The Force" to guide me (Thanks Obi Wan) as i had to go to the Metrocentre Chrismas Shopping :(

Even in my NA, it was a nightmare and was just drifting everywhere until i got to the main road.

COME BACK SUNSHINE!!!!

Peter

Just had my first experience too.

Came back to my folks and it went from perfect sunny weather to a white out in the space of 5 miles travelling. Went onto the road alongside my parents estate going up a slight hill and had no traction at all. Was going very gently wuith the autobox in D and it just wouldn't bite at all. Parked up and waved the people behind me round and then managed to get some grip on the tyre tracks they had left................great fun !

http://www.imagechicken.com/uploads/1261239246044899600.jpg

Edited by clarky666 (see edit history)

i left it will about half two before i went out, but the car was still frozen locked. Roads out of the estate were ok but as soon as i got out it started snowing again.

Got back and the arse end was all over the place coming round the estate. Not too clever coming into the estate as its narrow with the odd car scattered about but my street and the all the parking spaces were empty so i had a bit of a play.

3 accidents in a ten mile stretch on the A19 - one car on it's roof, one in a ditch and one pointing the wrong way! Backend didn't twitch too much, most difficult bit was getting off the sloping drive and the ungritted estate (mine's the first house so i'm talking 10m if that but that was tricky!)

Getting back in, went up the drive sideways :D

Getting back into my drive way is getting harder and harder. I like to reverse in, but had o take a run up to get up the slope to the un iced section. Step-son thinks its halariouse. Any tips for house hold materials to keep drive way ice free?

i had a similar problem today

went out to do my last few bits of christmas shopping and whilst i was out it threw it down got around 3 inch of snow in a couple of hours .

By the time i got home the whole street was covered ! and as i live on a hill there was no chance of the supe getting up :taped:

in the end i went out in my van looking for some salt and spent the last 2 hours spreading it all over the street !

finally managed to get home though and on my drive:D

from now on the car wont be going anywhere in the snow:no:

Guest Suprafly

Well mine is sitting on my driveway as it has done since the snow started a few days ago, getting it on the driveway was a task in itself as my driveway is sloped and I reverse it up, so it was sliding side to side getting it on, tomorrow I have an early start and have to get to Newcastle so I'll have to get up a few hours early to defrost the car, it's not snowed today but it hasn't got over 0c either so everything is frozen solid, so I've got a rock hard snow encrusted supra, so i'm planning on pouring a few buckets of lukewarm water over it to defrost it.

Then I'll have to negotiate the ice rink like street that is a narrow one and to make that worse it's lined with cars, so I've got a half metre margin of error either side.

This is going to be an interesting morning, wish me luck.

This morning was a nightmare, we had about 3inches of snow overnight.

As i approached the car i slipped and nearly ended up under it and the door locks were frozen over.

The estate was like glass and the hill leaving it was even worse, it took at least 5 minutes to get down it and it's only 20 yards long. Everybody was going down with their brakes on and there was a sad looking old dear on the other side of the road trying to come into the estate.. Pretty sure she was crying as her car was just spinning away with no traction.. The bloke behind wasn't helping too much and was too close to her for her to roll back a bit and try again.

My car is currently abandonned in the works car park. Just can't get enough traction to move it, got a feeling it might just stay there as i can't see the hill into the estate getting any better any time soon.

A couple of inches of snow on the main roads and motorway for the vast majority of my 140 mile trip to work this morning. No problems at all other than the wankers around me either doing 10mph or 80 right up my arse.

Even managed a perfect slide into the parking space when I got to work - a quick tap of the throttle, a bit of opposite lock and I slid perfectly 45 degrees into the layby - class. Even stopped before touching the kerb. Got a round of applause for that one by the guys who saw me come in.

Just had my first experience of being stuck on the slightest incline on the road just before my street, was half way up and then just lost all traction and wasnt going anywhere. Lucky for me there was some builders around who gave me a push. Managed to get it to the top (only about 20ft of road).

Then i get the car ready to reverse into my drive, get out and clear all the snow away with a shovel,then next thing the car is stuck again and I couldnt reverse it in so had to get two bits of carpet under back tyres to get it moving. Hoping I dont need to use my car for a few days, hope the snow has cleared by tomorow!!