The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Would you sell your highly tuned up supra to buy the new skyline?

fastisnice

Would you sell your highly tuned up supra to buy a new GTR?  

102 members have voted

1. 1. Would you sell your highly tuned up supra to buy a new GTR?

• yes
    • no

The GTR is fast becoming the choice of the tuners, but for me, the Supe will always take first place.

You just have to look at the 12-page write-up in the recent Jap Performance mag to see where the GTR is going in terms of technical & performance development etc.

For most of us though, it will stay out of the financial reach for a good while yet.

The GTR is fast becoming the choice of the tuners, but for me, the Supe will always take first place.

You just have to look at the 12-page write-up in the recent Jap Performance mag to see where the GTR is going in terms of technical & performance development etc.

For most of us though, it will stay out of the financial reach for a good while yet.

bugger what mag was this ?

:yeahthat:

Having only just picked up a Supra and also having the opportunity to look over Jurgen's GTR on the same day, I would like both - or at least, to have a bash in a GTR.

If I had enough money to not worry about picking up a GTR I would do, but if it was to be a considered purchase, I think my 40-odd grand would go elsewhere.

The forum member I bought my Supra bought a GTR as his daily driver. He said that had the GTR not been launched, he would still be enjoying the Supra (he also has a Lambo Gallardo).

He picked me up from the airport in the GTR, I have to admit it was an aboslute doddle of a car around town and on any road that was put infront of it. The engine revs matching the gears on down changes was :cool: and it genuinely seemed like a very well put together car with supportive seats and a overall comfortable environment.

Would I buy one? As much as I admire it, Porsche 911 Turbo is where my money would go.

It's pretty hard to top a highly tuned Supra.

TT Gallardo would do it though :)

I passed on the GTR prior to getting a supra, the tuneability is not really a match for the Supra, and it's still difficult to tell if it will live up to the cult following of the older generation GTR's.

Gearbox and warranty issues are a headache.

The performance limitations on how it can be driven are also a little disappointing.

Factory performance figures were quoted with the use of launch control, and the warranty won't even cover more than 3 launches.

The Supra is a different kettle of fish, with everything designed to take at least an extra 100% increase in performance from factory power figures- without any issues at all.

It's an excellent car but IMO it will be a long time until it is as ideal to tune as a Supra....

Stock for stock is a different story though ;)