The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Toyota Sprint Series Supra Class

Paul Whiffin

(For info: a Supra owner called Baz used to promote the series on here quite a lot, as he was a co-organiser. I think he got bored of telling us about it and everntually stopped as no-one seemed that interested in taking part.)

I recall Baz promoting it, I for 1 was never intrested as i did not have the car to do it in. Now can get abit more serious about doing some of this stuff :)

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I recall Baz promoting it, I for 1 was never intrested as i did not have the car to do it in. Now can get abit more serious about doing some of this stuff :)

Alex has posted a lot of good links that people will hopefully find useful and informative, I just didn't want them to go unoticed as it seemed the thread was starting to lead people down a totally uncessary train of through/set of actions.

leaving that aside for a minute, what have you been up against in the over 1.6L naturally aspirated class and what seems to perform the best of them?

Err... Celica.. Celica.. Celica.. another Celica.. and.. I think there might have been some more Celicas (though only 4 ended up being regulars). Jeff Lotts performed won five rounds in his Celica, with Craig taking one win in his V6 converted Celica. They were all running track tyres, with various stages of interior stripping, and.. I don't know a great deal about Celicas to say anything more on them.

going off what he was telling me, stripped out type r's and tegs

:D

sorry alex i didnt ignor your posts on purpouse, i just can read so anything with more than 2 lines i bypass.:)

Best scroll back up then, there's some videos up there. :p It's very unlikely you'll hit a tyre wall, or anything as solid (unless you or your car are.. pretty bad), but you will probably clip the odd cone.

Best scroll back up then, there's some videos up there. :p It's very unlikely you'll hit a tyre wall, or anything as solid (unless you or your car are.. pretty bad), but you will probably clip the odd cone.

Not so sure about that, that wall at Rockingham looks far too close :blink:

Not so sure about that, that wall at Rockingham looks far too close :blink:

You only get as close as you want to, there was plenty of room for caution.. I did clip the tyre wall on the other side of the track though. :D (Which was my own fault, I didn't want to brake).

Thats more like it guys, you don't have to do all of them so people who just want to try are welcome.

I did one round in its first year and it was great fun. Everyone there was very friendly and helpfull, especially when I needed a hand and borrowed some tools!

Alex has obviously had fun last year, and Baz has tried to get people interested in the past... lets make something of this and get a good group together to show supra's can go round corners!

... good man :D

Paul, what do we do next to get the ball rolling on this??

All get signed up to the sprint series website I guess and register intrest in next year. That will be fun and take a while as its a nightmare of a site :)

edit: This is a good start when trying to sign up, I seem to recall this is why I lost intrest the first time round

sprint.JPG

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)