Fan on front end

jackso11

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It looks simply like the part of the radiator the draws air into it when stationary. the Viscous fan on the other side blows air over the engine.

I'm I missing something here?! :search:

LOL the viscous fan draws air through the radiator to help cool it, its not there to blow air over the engine :)

My uk spec didnt have any cooling fans infront of the rad but guess it could be differant for a j spec.

How did this get to the bottom of page 2 before a realistic answer???

It's your air con fan, in hot conditions it kicks in.

If your gas level is low it won't cut in at all.

http://img94.imageshack.us/img94/6456/image1ex.jpg

:yeahthat:

a/c will work without it but when you come to a stop you will notice that the temp a/c wont be as cold.

Air flow through the a/c rad is doing the same job whilst on the move.

Guest SupraGTE

Yes my aircon pipes are there on both cars on my coupe with HKS R they are there , on my targa with a HDI Hybrid intercooler they are there just bent a bit but not much

This is the first time I have seen another supra with one of those fans in front of the radiator. The Punisher has one of these on his one it's always made me wonder why it's there as I'd never seen one on another Supra. The rad and every other part in the engine bay was stock GZ aerotop spec, the fan looked like it was there from day one and like your one is very rusty!

I'd assumed it was due to the rad being from a different Toyota model, but it is the rare "thick" Supra rad and looks like it's been there from the start...

Guest SupraGTE
This is the first time I have seen another supra with one of those fans in front of the radiator. The Punisher has one of these on his one it's always made me wonder why it's there as I'd never seen one on another Supra. The rad and every other part in the engine bay was stock GZ aerotop spec, the fan looked like it was there from day one and like your one is very rusty!

I'd assumed it was due to the rad being from a different Toyota model, but it is the rare "thick" Supra rad...

mine is the normal rad atleast, and GZ 93 full option J-spec

mine is the normal rad atleast, and GZ 93 full option J-spec

That's kind of my point, they are not normally present, this is only the 2nd time I've seen one of these on a supra.

I know your car as I did an inspection of it for the previous owner shortly after she bought it ;)

Guest SupraGTE
That's kind of my point, they are not normally present, this is only the 2nd time I've seen one of these on a supra.

I know your car as I did an inspection of it for the previous owner shortly after she bought it ;)

aaah JO ?? but that car does not have it ... my black aero top GZ has , the chameleon is in 10000pcs to clean up all mess, what did you think about the car when u inspected it?.... be fair as i can take critic :)