The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fan on front end

jackso11

That's kind of my point, they are not normally present, this is only the 2nd time I've seen one of these on a supra.

I guess I was just lucky to see quite a few of them, I should do the lottery.;) Mine was a GZ by the way.

Is there a way to de-gas the aircon and get those pipes off? I want to get all the rust off

Maybe your picture might help ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=99665&d=1255039123

IMG_0528.jpg

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest Brian Mallon

Ive got one on my 97vvti TT, It is the air conditioning fan, that is the air conditioning radiator behind the fan not the main radiator

fella they are your power steering cooling pipes not air con.

Clamp off at the rubber pipes that connect onto it and hey pesto you can remove to clean.

Thanks for that. I am going to drain all the fluids and replace them over the next couple of weeks anyway so will do it then :)

My GZ

http://img190.imageshack.us/img190/2475/dsc00296e.jpg

I just reached in and sanded it off and painted before fitting grill.

Ok, so in this picture, the pipes *infront* of the fan are PAS cooling pipes? I always thought they were a/c pipes?

When I had a crash a while back, they and the AC unit was destroyed, and I have never replaced them. They were connected to the AC unit.

My car has been driving fine ever since... without those pipes. should I be worried that the PAS is about to stop!? :rolleyes:

Ok, so in this picture, the pipes *infront* of the fan are PAS cooling pipes? I always thought they were a/c pipes?

Do you ever get the feeling that you're invisible sometimes. It's been mentioned several times in this thread what the pipes are. I even annotated Jackson11's original picture 10 posts up showing what they are. :)

I would look into getting one back on. ;)

Do you ever get the feeling that you're invisible sometimes. It's been mentioned several times in this thread what the pipes are. I even annotated Jackson11's original picture 10 posts up showing what they are. :)

I would look into getting one back on. ;)

Well I have read this whole thread yeah, but got the impression some ppl were saying they were AC pipes, and yourself was saying its a PAS cooling pipe.

Out of interest, why are those pipes connected to the AC unit?

seems like your powersteering oil must be running very hot then :)

lol, well you'd think, but I have run it all through the summer with no ill affects... but, I shall get it put back on :)

I think it was connected to the AC unit in the sense that it was fastened to it, but not connected to it, that might be where im getting muddled.

lol, well you'd think, but I have run it all through the summer with no ill affects... but, I shall get it put back on :)

I think it was connected to the AC unit in the sense that it was fastened to it, but not connected to it, that might be where im getting muddled.

Have you got a front mount Alex?

It's a standard fan, Mine had one on, the previous owner had managed to fit the FMIC with it there, but is was pressed tighty up against the IC so removed it when the ATF cooler was fitted, it weighs alot! Chris_and_alana removed his too after fitting a FMIC

Oh, and my A/C is still icy cool without it too!

• 5 months later...