The mkiv Supra Owners Club

supra spending

L33

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

100k on a supra and ok its a nice one but not 100k nice? dont see how its cost that much.

mine has totted up to 20k now, just keep seeing all these other cars which look lush but not in the same power bracket as the supra tho thats whats keeping my head up!

Have you got yours back now?

Matt H's current car hasnt cost 100k, thats the total hes spent on Supra's in total iirc, The guys had no luck, the first supra was kitted and had plenty spent on it, but was wrecked, then came his next supra which iirc was filled with problems and caught fire at one point, and then thats been built up into a kitted and single supra from stock again, hence the 100k bill.

Why does everyone have a dig a Matt H all the time? isnt he just another supra owner who wants to enjoy these cars.

Matt H's current car hasnt cost 100k, thats the total hes spent on Supra's in total iirc, The guys had no luck, the first supra was kitted and had plenty spent on it, but was wrecked, then came his next supra which iirc was filled with problems and caught fire at one point, and then thats been built up into a kitted and single supra from stock again, hence the 100k bill.

Why does everyone have a dig a Matt H all the time? isnt he just another supra owner who wants to enjoy these cars.

That's spot on bud :)

Good post. Hopefully I'm at the end of the line of problems now that Michel has the care of my car.

Do a lot of you guys who spend BIG money on your cars spend a lot of that on labour for other people to do the work?

Yes, a lot goes on Labour, but to be honest, I reckon I could have done a better job than most of the traders doing it myself. I wasted loads paying people to correct the mistakes others have made. This includes replacement parts to replace brand new parts that have been scrapped due to bad workmanship.

But anyways, enough about my plight. I sleep easy at night. At least I'm lucky enough to be able to do want I have to my car, some people don't get the chance.

But after the supra is completely finished. I'll never mod another car again......... maybe :D

Edited by Matt H (see edit history)

I guess the answer comes down to who and what you know, if you just walk into a garage with a handfull of parts and want them fitting, its going to cost you alot for someone else to do the work. Some jobs seem harder than they are and having spent time looking into how things are done, i think i could have done alot more than i did when having work done on my car.

The one thing that came to mind for me the other day was "is it worth spending the amount I would quite happily spend on the Supra when that money could be well on the way to a Murcielago in time".

The Supra is going to kick ass though :p

How much have you spent then? whats the spec?

As said i payed what was asked, Whats the right price to pay to fit a single kit/exhaust/fmic/oil cooler/greddy intake/single plate clutch/coilovers/brakes/fuel pump and injectors?

Only took him 2 weeks of evenings and weekends.

Only joking mate :) The reason I asked about paying other people is that I always get the impression people pay a sh!tload to traders for work to be carried out especially with stuff like fitting single kits.

I wouldn't argue that you £2k was low at all - seems fair to me as it isn't a colossal amount of work. The time (and money) adds up when people want custom fabrication done rather than just fitting bought components.

Only joking mate :) The reason I asked about paying other people is that I always get the impression people pay a sh!tload to traders for work to be carried out especially with stuff like fitting single kits.

I wouldn't argue that you £2k was low at all - seems fair to me as it isn't a colossal amount of work. The time (and money) adds up when people want custom fabrication done rather than just fitting bought components.

Yeah i agree, also if you had that lot fitted on different dates im sure it would add up to a lot more, all the parts in one go makes life easy.

Guest blueangel

i lost money on the first one but what i lost in cash i gain in fun and 2 years trouble free motoring, this second one im beginning to wish i had just left it alone instead of taking on such a huge job but im past the point of no return now and the wife will kill me if i dont finish it.