Carbon = Chav?

JamieP

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hopefully, Garfy will be along in a short while (ahem). Anyway, I will be seriously thinking of getting my active front spoiler done in carbon soon, but I'll let Garfy explain. ;)

Oh no, don't say it looks chav :(

I'm about to start doing carbon fibre skinning, thats real carbon fibre skinned over existing parts, and the first thing I'm looking at is the stock active spoiler, next I'll be looking at actually making my own full carbon fibre parts, and again I'll be starting with the active spoiler, mainly because with lowered cars I feel that some people, me included would want one that isn't quite as deep, meaning that you can have it down without if scrapping the ground all the time.

Anyway, I should be doing my first part next week, I'll post pictures of the results

I've looked at a CF bonnet myself, but TBH I'm really not a fan of all the pointy shapes and holes cut into them, never have been!

I'd still like one I think, but just in the stock shape, maybe with a matching UK scoop as I plan to get a couple of other bits to tie it in, TRD spoiler and possibly a rear diffuser too,

I guess by that I'm more interested in the looks side of things as it's going on a black car, but I think it'll still look tasteful, when I do decide/have funds I'll be going for one that nigh on 100% CF, none of this "fibreglass skeleton" rubbish.

Can look OK, mainly on black or silver cars. Can sometimes look like the owner couldn't find the right spare part though!

Not a fan of carbon at all. After my bonnet, never again.

I think yours would look like a cut and shut job if it were to have carbon on it Matt! Cars like yours [bright orange] need to be all one colour I think. :cool:

Sometimes I look at the photo's of mine before the carbon bits and admire it, but it's much more aggressive looking with the carbon on.

It's one of those personal taste things again.

Don't think it comes under the Chav listing thou as it's still a bit pricey for the average chavtastic

I would say that thou:cool:

Sometimes I look at the photo's of mine before the carbon bits and admire it, but it's much more aggressive looking with the carbon on.

Don't think it comes under the Chav listing thou as it's still a bit pricey for the average chavtastic

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/DodgyRogSupra/DSCF14731.jpg

Give me a before pic to compare:)

Give me a before pic to compare:)

I think thats a massive improvement Jamie, seriously!

http://i271.photobucket.com/albums/jj152/DodgyRogSupra/DSCF14731.jpg

Would look better black IMO that way it looks deliberate. Carbon is meant to be painted, looks strange on every car.. cept from a distance where it looks black.

Had a play with your car though

attachment.php?attachmentid=97348&stc=1&d=1250958661

All the way!

attachment.php?attachmentid=97349&stc=1&d=1250958661

DSCF14731.jpg

Play.jpg

Looked cracking before, looks cracking now, it's not whether you use carbon or not, it's how you pull an overall look off, and that is one cool look :D

Cheers mate.

Yeah i think you are right, saying that i am having my APS carbon mirrors sprayed before i fit them.:)

Just shows the difference. The after pic is far superior IMO. Carbon just looks like a faded dodgy green colour to me.

When people put up pics of carbon bits on their cars i think they look ok as they resemble black. The difference in those pics just shows this in spades. I would love my entire car body to be made out of carbon, where possible, to save on weight but it would still be getting painted. Carbon is about function.

Now the other pic is up so we can compare I totally understand where the "black" people are coming from, it is much cleaner, that said I still like the carbon one, I know it's not proper carbon (but it's all that's available for the Supe sadly), it adds a touch of constrast. It's the same reason why I don't like the active spoiler colour coded on a stock car :)