jevansio

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:thumbs: much appreciated bud

I'm still in two minds on getting rid of them :D (haven't posted a for sale thread as I keep changing my mind - but a decent offer would persude me :D)

Keep changing your mind until I have the expendable and it'll be smiles all round sir. :D:innocent:

:lol:

Cheers Mark

Been doing a bit more, fitted the panels that cover the strut tops, I was going to cut a hole in the top so I can adjust the coilovers but I think I'll leave it covered (it's neater) and take the covers off to adjust them

Also laid a bit of carpet in the boot to give an idea of what it'll look like when complete :)

attachment.php?attachmentid=96691&stc=1&d=1249417374

attachment.php?attachmentid=96692&stc=1&d=1249417374

attachment.php?attachmentid=96693&stc=1&d=1249417374

attachment.php?attachmentid=96694&stc=1&d=1249417374

attachment.php?attachmentid=96695&stc=1&d=1249417374

attachment.php?attachmentid=96696&stc=1&d=1249417374

attachment.php?attachmentid=96697&stc=1&d=1249417374

IMG_4011.jpg

IMG_4012.jpg

IMG_4013.jpg

IMG_4014.jpg

IMG_4016.jpg

IMG_4017.jpg

Img_4024.jpg

Update:

I wasn't happy with the way the carpet was lying, & my lass had a piece of foam she was using, so I tried it in the car to see if it would make the carpet fit more smoothly.

First with the foam laid in place, it's 1" thick.

attachment.php?attachmentid=96843&stc=1&d=1249831966

With some strategic velcro to give it a better shape:

attachment.php?attachmentid=96844&stc=1&d=1249831966

I cut a section away down the middle as it didn't need the padding there:

attachment.php?attachmentid=96845&stc=1&d=1249831966

The foam had the added benefit of making the fit between the carpet & plastic trims very snug, I also used the OEM fasteners along the front edge to hold it tight:

attachment.php?attachmentid=96846&stc=1&d=1249831966

attachment.php?attachmentid=96848&stc=1&d=1249831966

attachment.php?attachmentid=96849&stc=1&d=1249831966

These last two are a before and after to show how it's tidied things up:

attachment.php?attachmentid=96851&stc=1&d=1249832565

attachment.php?attachmentid=96852&stc=1&d=1249832565

IMG_4025.jpg

IMG_4027.jpg

IMG_4029.jpg

IMG_4032.jpg

IMG_4034.jpg

IMG_4037.jpg

IMG_3591.jpg

IMG_4033.jpg

Very impressive. I love your attention to detail with the work you carry out on your car. Do you know how much it weighs ATM?

Thanks Mike, much appreciated :). The car should weigh around 1400kg at the mo (give or take 10kg), once the car is back on the road I'll take it back to the weigh bridge to get another figure.

Looks very neat now, nicely done. :)

Thats just what i need to do! Excellent work mate :cool:

Cheers guys :thumbs:

Very nice Jay. :)

Is it fine to cross the 2 shoulder harness's behind the seat. I had a talk with a guy who does track competition in Germany and he told me not to do so when he saw my car with the harness's in and crossed the same way you do.

Luc

Is it fine to cross the 2 shoulder harness's behind the seat. I had a talk with a guy who does track competition in Germany and he told me not to do so when he saw my car with the harness's in and crossed the same way you do.

Luc

Cheers Luc,

Lol, funny you should mention that, if you have a look back at SteveL's posts he advised me to do it that way, unless I miss understood him? :)

Luc

Luc, it'd be interesting to hear why he suggested not to cross them over?

Cheers Luc,

Lol, funny you should mention that, if you have a look back at SteveL's posts he advised me to do it that way, unless I miss understood him? :)

Jay, nope you got it spot on.

I was originally told about this by a couple of scrutineers who pointed out the additional safety aspects. I thought it was even more appropriate for road use where 'you' may not want to have the harness completely tight.

There's nothing in the MSA blue book on crossing or not crossing the harness straps, but they do mention (in the diagram I posted before) about the angle not being more than 20 degrees from top center, so the straps going to the center bolt on the back seat may be more than this? But then again they are also considering competition conditions.

I'd personally do them as you have done...

(foot note: ... some sort of legal blah-blah denouncing me of all possibilities of being sued in the event of personal injury resulting from the above 'advice' :innocent:)